The OFFISHAL Vancouver 2011 Reports Thread

My Bro and I are heading out early to fish Bell buoy and maybe south arm. I will be listening on 88A too. Going to try the pink and anchovy combos like others here are doing.
Hopes are for the good fishing to continue and some to come our way.:cool:

We are in a red and grey 26' North River .

Tight lines!

Eastpoint

Where exactly is Bell Bouy? I will be going out of McDonald's tomorrow morning and is it towards Sandbanks or do you head to QE marker area?

Thanks

The Bell Bouy is in the vicinity of the QA marker, but in closer to shore towards Spanish Banks.

went out at 5 for a little troll at the bell. managed 1 14 lb. spring and lost another at the boat. netted fish hit a chovie at 60 ft. in green glo splatterback jdf. head. saw a few fish jumping closer to shore. pinks or maybe sox?

Last year, I got 2 sox on rubber anchovies.

I don't believe in running extra flashers etc etc to catch sox, when you do (or at least me) you probably spend more time untangling the extra gear than fishing (ie tackle in water doing it's job).

Sox are either biting or they are not.

Good looking haul BTW

Last year, I got 2 sox on rubber anchovies.

I don't believe in running extra flashers etc etc to catch sox, when you do (or at least me) you probably spend more time untangling the extra gear than fishing (ie tackle in water doing it's job).

Sox are either biting or they are not.

Good looking haul BTW

I have fished one rod when they are running and got my limit in 15 minutes. Put out tons of bling when only some sox around and caught nothing so I agree 80%.

Hey Sir-vivor,

Nice haul there for being solo! What time were you out there? Trying to decide which part of the tide table to fish on friday... might try either bell buoy or south arm.

Also - what part of the tide does everyone like for south arm/ north arm/ bell buoy? I know the cap is best fished on the flood into the high slack but am wondering what everyone thinks about these other spots??

cheers..

Where exactly is Bell Bouy? I will be going out of McDonald's tomorrow morning and is it towards Sandbanks or do you head to QE marker area?

Thanks

Head north-east from the mouth of the north arm, about 3 miles North/north east from the end of the rock jetty.

Hey Sir-vivor,

Nice haul there for being solo! What time were you out there? Trying to decide which part of the tide table to fish on friday... might try either bell buoy or south arm.

Also - what part of the tide does everyone like for south arm/ north arm/ bell buoy? I know the cap is best fished on the flood into the high slack but am wondering what everyone thinks about these other spots??

cheers..

When I see a report like that I go where he was. I don't look at tide, I get there as early as possible and stay as late as I can before I get beat by the old lady.

when do the big springs start to roll through? moving back to vancouver in a couple weeks and wanting to get out

the springs are in. have boated 1 the last 4 trips out. will be out today trying for 5 for 5. make that 6 for 5

Its no longer the "quad" today I heard a guide say he got a "quint" all 5 rods at once. The other 100 boats didn't do so well as I did not see a single fish taken. I have to go tomorrow as I have have a friend booked otherwise not worth taking the day off work wait till week-end.

I'm thinking of hitting the QA marker first thing then heading to the Cap. There were some guides and other boats missing today where we were and I bet they were at the Cap. :confused:

Very slow over all today for devers & I in his Hewes.

Started @ the QB around 07:00-picked up one shaker/saw one Spring taken/washed some tackle then headed south around 10:00.

Saw some Pinks taken and picked up 2 large Coho (the largest around 15#) @ 60 feet both unclipped so back they went-I wonder how many of these 'huge Sockeye' people are talking about are actually Coho?

Then we had a bit of an adventure with one of the Crab trap line buoys plus a balky electrical system.

A Very Large Thank You to Trendsetter who saved our bacon today!!

Ended up back @ the QB to finish up but nothing going on that we could see-a less than fishy day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you have any luck Black max?

I caught 4 stellar dogfish and lost 3 of the new bullet teasers to them. I had one hit @ 130 feet that popped the clip like a real fish and made one run then gone. Not a sniff on the sox gear. I'd like to know where Predator and the others were ? :confused:

Back