THE BLUEWOLF 2.0 podding of 26 Hourston

At that ive found on the lower rpm i can go slower at that 18 to 22 and yes the higher degrees going faster lifts the bow up more but looking back at the wake I try and see how smooth it is and no rooster tail of water. flatter water means its doing the job right.

That's about the same numbers I get with my 300 Vrod. 27-29 mph at 11 GPH. 4100 RPM that seems to be the happy place.

These boats can pretty much stay on plane at 12 mph with the tabs down.

Boat Looks great!
I'm surprised the 26 can plane at 12mph. I start falling off plane around 20 mph if I'm lucky. Tabs help for sure, just don't look at the fuel economy. Maybe because they are longer boats? Deep V boats are not known to plane at low speed easily.

I'm surprised the 26 can plane at 12mph. I start falling off plane around 20 mph if I'm lucky. Tabs help for sure, just don't look at the fuel economy. Maybe because they are longer boats? Deep V boats are not known to plane at low speed easily.

Mine is like that too, it can plane about 2,400 rpms which is around 14 knots, albeit with the current IO. Perhaps it's the longer hull with a bit more weight distributed forward? It never really does a high nose up pitch but more crawls onto plane with no tabs.

Mine is like that too, it can plane about 2,400 rpms which is around 14 knots, albeit with the current IO. Perhaps it's the longer hull with a bit more weight distributed forward? It never really does a high nose up pitch but more crawls onto plane with no tabs.
mine does nearly the same thing coming out of the hole, but no way I'm fully planning under 19/20 mph or 17ish knots. It must be because mine is about 1ft narrower and a few ft shorter. I'm also willing to bet the zipwakes need more speed to be effective. A regular trim tab provides more planning area regardless of speed so that might help too.

I have a few more tweaks to do :p

Jealous of the 26s you guys have!

Well im used to the power steering lol so yes even with hydraulics its a bit "stiff" but ill get used to it at low speeds its easy peasy, there was no way I was going to pay the price for the power assist at close to 4 grand thats way out of touch!
as for parking and such its basically the same, i have to go down a pitch size as it had 21 on it but going to 19.5 pitch props as I cant get to the top end of the Rpms the dealer wants me at, they want the range at 5700 to 6300 and I can get just to 5700. must admit the guys at Vector marina have been AWESOME. customer service has been great ...

As for the hull the pod and everything is perfect i didnt need to add any weight or move anything its balanced , ive played around with the trim etc running and it seems to like 18 to 24 % . So you running that 26 hourston id highly suggest coming to look at the dimensions etc if you plan on podding top speed so far for the whole 2 mins ive gone up there is 44 mph defiantly do not need twins with this set up.
Looking like I need to drop a prop size my self.. the next one down from the 21 that is on it.. My tub is porposing a bit so may have to drop a bolt hole down ...

Looking like I need to drop a prop size my self.. the next one down from the 21 that is on it.. My tub is porposing a bit so may have to drop a bolt hole down ...
Yes next one is 19.5 which was perfect for my boat, I know when we did my boat its about a 1/2 inch up from bottom of hull. I get no cavitaion or porposing. I must admit VERY happy making the switch and ........
BTW Volvo of americans is a terrible company NEVER buy any thing from Volvo they basically told me to go #$$%^^$ myself worst company EVER after multiple conversations and emails.... I suggest tell everyone of your freinds,co workers anyone stay away from ANY volvo ....
2 engines in 4 (270 hour and 210 hour) years with no support is terrible!!!

If you are porpoising might need to lift motor up one. Have someone look at the cavitation plate at speed and see how buried it is. I found lifting engine eliminates porpoising

Yes next one is 19.5 which was perfect for my boat, I know when we did my boat its about a 1/2 inch up from bottom of hull. I get no cavitaion or porposing. I must admit VERY happy making the switch and ........
BTW Volvo of americans is a terrible company NEVER buy any thing from Volvo they basically told me to go #$$%^^$ myself worst company EVER after multiple conversations and emails.... I suggest tell everyone of your freinds,co workers anyone stay away from ANY volvo ....
2 engines in 4 (270 hour and 210 hour) years with no support is terrible!!!
I still like my old 280 though.

If you are porpoising might need to lift motor up one. Have someone look at the cavitation plate at speed and see how buried it is. I found lifting engine eliminates porpoising
A good thought.. I'm working with Breakers on that now and will see what they suggest .. will let you know how it goes

Yeah I’m the same as you guys. Can plane at around 13-14 knots

Back