Thinking about selling my Hourston

ExFlyGuy

With my kids getting older 9 and 11 my wife has gone back to work full time. She's not interested in using her holiday days to come on trips and I have started a new buisness and am just not using the boat like I used too. It's also not fair that I'm using all my vacation days in the summer to go on guys trips while they are hanging out at the house. So with that in mind I think it's time to sell the boat and take the family on new adventures in the summer.

With the market on used boats slowing down I'm just kind of looking for a price to start at. I don't need the money so the boat can sit in its shelter until next spring if it doesn't sell this fall. That being said, sitting until spring would give me a chance to clean it up and slap a new coat of paint on the rear deck.

Boat specs

1976 Hourston Glascraft

26' sedan

2018, 300HP Mercury verado with 430 hrs

2018, 15HP mercury pro kicker.

Both Installed January 2019.

Main engine has dual controls and kicker is remote controlled from rear station.

2007 triple axle easyloader trailer 12000lbs capacity set up perfectly for boat (no messing around at launch) new lights and brakes.

100 gallon fuel tank

Self bailing deck.

2× Scotty high performance down riggers.

9" HDS carbon at front station

9" HDS touch at rear station

Simrad halo 20 radar

P66 transducer

Point one antenna(for radar over lay)

VHF radio

Custom 8 rod stainless rocket launcher.

Anchor with 40' chain and 250' rope

Windless anchor puller

Boat is turn key and ready to go!

🤩. Your boat is only 2 years younger than me but way prettier, in better shape, and has probably caught more fish already then I’ll ever see. What a dream boat!

love this boat. I’ll throw a number out there… I would guess like $65k-$75k?
I listed it in 2020 for $65k I had lots of interest but ended up getting cold feet. I’ve only replaced the radar and front HDS carbon since then. I was thinking even $65k was too high in this market but wouldn’t turn it away!

Edit… and brakes and a few new brake drums. All electric brakes and oil bath hubs.

Almost 50 years old. I'll give you $30,000 🤣.

Very nice boat. I think you'll get 50-60k. Everyone loves an old well taken care of boat. She's a beauty. But you should just keep it.

Hate to ask, but its the Hourston question. What can you say about stringers and transom?

My 23 is 1984, stringers redone in foam and transom redone in 2006, repowered D3 in 2016. Surveyor says $75,000. Market value, not sure.

Last edited:
Hate to ask, but its the Hourston question. What can you say about stringers and transom?

My 23 is 1984, stringers redone in foam and transom redone in 2006, repowered D3 in 2016. Survey says $75,000. Market value, not sure.
New transom in 2018, two sheets of 3/4 marine plywood. Stringers are solid, I drilled holes all the way up to check. Fuel tank was replaced when transom was replaced.

New transom in 2018, two sheets of 3/4 marine plywood. Stringers are solid, I drilled holes all the way up to check. Fuel tank was replaced when transom was replaced.
Those are good answers, and I'd love a 26...but I think it'll stick into the road where I park :oops:

Classic right there.

A 26 was for sale at obm for around 3months last summer. Podded with 350dp and a kicker. I don't know what it sold for but he started about 70 and dropped it two times to around 50 I believe. It was a nice looking package.

What type of rpm are you spinning at 28mph with normal loads?

Also cab layout would be helpful to a buyer.

Classic right there.

A 26 was for sale at obm for around 3months last summer. Podded with 350dp and a kicker. I don't know what it sold for but he started about 70 and dropped it two times to around 50 I believe. It was a nice looking package.

What type of rpm are you spinning at 28mph with normal loads?

Also cab layout would be helpful to a buyer.
4200 rpm at 28 mph and 11GPH.

Table with two seats that drops down into bed as well as a jump seat. So seating for 4.

Back