THE BLUEWOLF 2.0 podding of 26 Hourston

wolf

Hello forum buds... First off hope everyone is safe and doing well, So as most of you know Ive been a inboard fan for most of my life , but time has come where ive gone to the "DARK SIDE " it was a long hard battle but Volvo penta CRAP has turned me. So on may 14th something went wrong once again with the NEW 2019 engine ??(211 hours btw) dont know what it was dont care anymore ...
Made the decision that night enough was enough...made alot of call that friday !!! setting things up
So next day it was 2.0 time!!!!! starting to revamp the "doghouse" drive off, engine out, mile of wires later.... 4 days later boat goes for fitting of pod . get it back on the 25th pod done time for the fun stuff so have to ask how come it takes 1 day to take stuff off but takes 3 days to put it all back together??? hhhhmmmmm
engine set up and on hydros ,electrical,dash,endless wiring!! kicker on re do ALOT of things clean up of old wiring etc and just lil piddly thingsthis past week though lots of 12 hour plus days cleaning up wiring and etc, I can tell you one thing a ton of work to do
New motor is the 350 suzuki duo prop and after the first day couldn't be happier boat handles better... here are the pics before and after not to bad of turn around 12 days!
Special thanks to some great people who really helped me out my main man Jan for his beng a rigging guru, Walt B for his wizard ways of Fabricating,,,,Glen at Coastal run for much needed wiring and supplies..and lastly Todd at Vector marine for really helping on the purchase of the motor and trade in value of my "stuff"
1622294044109.png1622294059713.png1622294082809.png1622294095948.png1622294117685.png1622294139649.png1622294152842.png1622294167647.png1622294180338.png1622294245894.png

Wow! Looking forward to seeing you back on the water. Amazing considering most shops want a week to ten days to mount a kicker, on a custom bracket and add a little hydraulic steering wheel. Considering how many forum man hours have gone into other threads you are a man of action!

love the deck space and fab work.

The Hali just got really scared! Should perform well for another 10-15 years!

Awesome the cat is out of the bag! By the way did you have the name painted on the stern? Looks like one of morreys and that's a classic as he's gone now, he did ours, just before he hung the brushes up for good to care for his ailing wife.

So, how does she handle, did you need to do much with ballast? I'm guessing not at all. Congrats enjoy!!

Hello forum buds... First off hope everyone is safe and doing well, So as most of you know Ive been a inboard fan for most of my life , but time has come where ive gone to the "DARK SIDE " it was a long hard battle but Volvo penta CRAP has turned me. So on may 14th something went wrong once again with the NEW 2019 engine ??(211 hours btw) dont know what it was dont care anymore ...
Made the decision that night enough was enough...made alot of call that friday !!! setting things up
So next day it was 2.0 time!!!!! starting to revamp the "doghouse" drive off, engine out, mile of wires later.... 4 days later boat goes for fitting of pod . get it back on the 25th pod done time for the fun stuff so have to ask how come it takes 1 day to take stuff off but takes 3 days to put it all back together??? hhhhmmmmm
engine set up and on hydros ,electrical,dash,endless wiring!! kicker on re do ALOT of things clean up of old wiring etc and just lil piddly thingsthis past week though lots of 12 hour plus days cleaning up wiring and etc, I can tell you one thing a ton of work to do
New motor is the 350 suzuki duo prop and after the first day couldn't be happier boat handles better... here are the pics before and after not to bad of turn around 12 days!
Special thanks to some great people who really helped me out my main man Jan for his beng a rigging guru, Walt B for his wizard ways of Fabricating,,,,Glen at Coastal run for much needed wiring and supplies..and lastly Todd at Vector marine for really helping on the purchase of the motor and trade in value of my "stuff"
View attachment 66359View attachment 66360View attachment 66361View attachment 66362View attachment 66363View attachment 66364View attachment 66365View attachment 66366View attachment 66367View attachment 66368
I knew you would regret going to that newer Volvo stuff. Nice move.

Looks amazing. And amazing light speed completion. Never seen one done so quick. Thanks for saving us 80 pages of a “Hourston re-POD’ing Project”. Is that a new Yamaha 9.9 kicker? If so, curious why you wouldn’t put on a new Suzuki kicker. If it’s your old one and it’s got life left I get it.

Gotta ask, what's your fuel burn with the outboard vs the inboard? Interested because there are both duo props. Looks great btw

Congrats on your fast turn around.

I hope you have a lot of success with your new setup, it looks like a winner!

Verrry nice,I predict that this is the refit that you will be the happiest with over long term.Funny,after all these years,I didn't know your boat was named "Doghouse",I alway's thought it was just "Bluewolf".

Back