THE BLUEWOLF 2.0 podding of 26 Hourston

I never would have never believed it unless I saw it-outstanding work!

And my shin won't miss getting barked on that doghouse putting me out of action for weeks.;)

Thanks Guys
Now for the report of spending 3.5 hours of break in already..
To start most of the work I did myself and had my very close buds in the know help me with the really hard stuff I have no clue about...

As for weight and performance I talked to Dave ( favorite daughter) and got the scope on NOT what to build so went with a longer pod to fit so yes the engine completely stay out of water...I will not need any ballast or weight in back as its perfect. we went with a very skinny pod but used a 3/8 plate fr the back Go BIG or go home!!!! its almost the exact same water line only difference is the whole boat is about 1 inch out of water ... must have been All the excess wiring we took out LOL.

Now for performance very happy cruses at 4000 rpm doing 28 mph and 9.1 GPH WOT is just at the 5700 on the lower range but will see after the 10 hour mark when things really set up

The volvo did 11 GPH at cruising at 4000 but it was at about 24 mph
so the zuk is way better so far on that end ,

I have always loved the duo props hence why I went to this engine set up ...

As for kicker I just put that brand new one on so its staying I dont care if it doesnt match not gonna make fish bite better but on the bright side both Japanese LOL

Derby I called and left a message with you...

I'm with you, wolf, it would be sure hard to give up on the dps for sure.

Congrats again, man.

You do great work Roy. As the owner of your previous Blue Wolf boat, pod conversion 1.0, I am always impressed with what a great job you did with converting it into the fishing platform it is. I see you are now on your third main motor with the Hourston. I feel like when I got your old boat I also got the benefit of your many years of experience in how to set up a boat for sport fishing. Your old boat still has the main outboard you put on it running strong and reliably, even though it is now 20 years old. Granted I put much fewer hours on a boat than you do. I suspect there is the odd day you miss the old boat, although in every way your Hourston is superior.

Did you plug the keyhole?
Yes all sealed up with 2 layers of wood and fiberglass and gel coat . totally un necessary as its 1/4 inch plate covering that hole with a healthy dap of sika around every hole **** speew everywhere and no matter what you try and do ill be peeling that crap off for weeks now LOL LOL

I see you are now on your third main motor with the Hourston
I should have stayed with the old stroker that motor is in another boat and still growling strong only went to "new" as it was supposed to be the latest and greatest I can tell you it ISNT LOL really only 2 both new style CRAP GMC

I should have stayed with the old stroker that motor is in another boat and still growling strong only went to "new" as it was supposed to be the latest and greatest I can tell you it ISNT LOL really only 2 both new style CRAP GMC
I was seriously contemplating on staying inboard as my original 20’ Hourston was fished for 39 years with no mods. What soured me was the cost of VP outdrives and that I have heard even reputable re-mans are outsourced. Just out of curiosity? Was yours a new,new inboard or one built from a core?

Tx

Looks sharp Roy. Makes for one heck of a nice dance floor on her now, your going to enjoy that.

Was yours a new,new inboard or one built from a core?
Brand new 5.3 2019 (GMC base) same as the corvettes ..and such and the new DPS drive

First one had (2017)the oil pump blow up totaling the engine under warranty so got a new one, new one was in 2019 model could see new oil pump and pan so it was apparent they had a known problem. Ill be honest I dont know whats wrong with the second one its locked up oil is fine everything is fine .plugs and starter is off wont move, heard they is a mechanical fuel pump under the intake as well , was kinda busy so didnt spend any time on it. I had enough made my mind up if I had any problems I was turfing it ... WHICH I did... ITS for sale...

Brand new 5.3 2019 (GMC base) same as the corvettes ..and such and the new DPS drive

First one had (2017)the oil pump blow up totaling the engine under warranty so got a new one, new one was in 2019 model could see new oil pump and pan so it was apparent they had a known problem. Ill be honest I dont know whats wrong with the second one its locked up oil is fine everything is fine .plugs and starter is off wont move, heard they is a mechanical fuel pump under the intake as well , was kinda busy so didnt spend any time on it. I had enough made my mind up if I had any problems I was turfing it ... WHICH I did... ITS for sale...
Fun,
I podded and have gone the outboard route as well. I was also not interested in engine compartment yoga or having a rubber accordion sink my boat.

Wow, what a difference in space back there. Fantastic upgrade, Roy! Hope you'll get a change to recover your expenses. I am feeling for everyone with a business stake in this fishery.

Saw this tub rolling by today
Thanks Bent now i know what it looks like out on plane LOL looks like I need it trimmed down a bit but thats where it seems "happy"!!!! as for performance I have to admit it is beyond what I have expected, the power and the speed is incredible. only thing thats gonna take a bit used to is how sensitive the fly by wire is and im so used to power steering but those are things ill get used to , just feels different..

Thanks Bent now i know what it looks like out on plane LOL looks like I need it trimmed down a bit but thats where it seems "happy"!!!! as for performance I have to admit it is beyond what I have expected, the power and the speed is incredible. only thing thats gonna take a bit used to is how sensitive the fly by wire is and im so used to power steering but those are things ill get used to , just feels different..
It looked nicely trimmed as you approached. Ready for some weather that's for sure!!
Well done Roy!

OK good to know, I played a bit more on it today in 3 foot seas NO PROBLEMS had 4 clients and a full tank so it was the time for the "TEST" let er rip!!!!!!!when it was in calmer water full bore was just at 5600 RPM doing 42 mph . so i will have to go a pitch size as the dealer wanted me at 5700 to 6300 Rpm full loaded , I have 21 pitch so next size lower is 19.5 should put me in the range .. did I tell you hourstons are heavy!!!!

Back