Sooke 2013 Fishing Reports

STOP the presses, STOP the presses, Englishman caught a summer spring. I knew you could with all the studying and practicing you have done. But now you will be more of a monster and more addicted to the West Coast fishing. 25lb salmon will no longer cut it, now you will need a 30 then a 40,50. Good luck on your new addiction, and congratulations. Nice fish

Thx a lot casper5280. Really appreciate the sentiments expressed. A 30 would be nice but I sure hope I don't get it soon otherwise there is nothing to shoot for. Like an amateur golfer who gets a hole-in-one in his first few rounds, what is left to accomplish?

Besides age and fiscal resources will moderate any tendency to severe addiction. A contained nagging urge just to keep fishing will do me fine!! LOL;)

So excited for you Englishman! We have been following your fishing career on the site for sometime now and figured you were due for a big spring! Congratulations - must be good karma from your eternally positive attitude.

We fished Sunday from 8:30 to 1:30 at possession and secretary. Got nothing, not even a Bite. Spent the whole day battling weeds and current.

Congrats. Roland. I knew you would do it.

Thanks for all your efforts to protect Pacific salmon.

We will have to get out together again sometime this summer.

PS your in the lead now, the biggest we have managed this year is a 20.

Fished the head today hoping for repeat. Slower for us today but everyone else was doing OK. We managed 3 about 7-8 pounds released and kept a 17 pound wild.

-KK

Congrats English on the beauty fish! Looks like my fish from yesterday got pulled west ;) HAHA I may have to head west and give that a try again soon. Seems like the one day we went down there it was dead!

Great job English! I can just imagine the excitement on board.
... and kudos to Dave S for showing you how it's done!

For the rest of you... nothing to see out west... carry on...

Tips

:cool:
Nice job EM.. the curse has been lifted in true fashion...

A big nod to Dave for bagging it!

Congrats Englishman! I have enjoyed your journey into salmon fishing in the quest for the ultimate fish, you deserve it! Xena

As English has said, it was a great day on the water for us. Stoked to be able to share in the excitement and high fives. Here's a couple dock shots taken by Roland's awesome wife Sue.
P1270698.JPG

P1270700.JPG

English, I am going to cry. Finally karma came a knockin! But first and foremost, thanks for all the effort you (and others)put into SVIAC and the overall cause. Class act buddy... 99% would have thrown in the towel by now with both the politics and the summer runs! If we all had the determination that you have shown on both fronts the world would be a far, far better place. I tip my hat to you fine sir!!

Nice to see that smile you were dew see ,right place right time stick and stay it will pay off that's a great day .so happy for you both . Tight lines boomer

English, I am going to cry. Finally karma came a knockin! But first and foremost, thanks for all the effort you (and others)put into SVIAC and the overall cause. Class act buddy... 99% would have thrown in the towel by now with both the politics and the summer runs! If we all had the determination that you have shown on both fronts the world would be a far, far better place. I tip my hat to you fine sir!!

Now I feel truly humble and am at a loss for words. All I can say is a somewhat lame "thanks" for those kind words Shep. May the fish gods be with you sir!

Congrats English, well done! Something for us rookies to strive for, and as others have said, thanks for sharing your "learnings" with us! Here's to a wonderful summer on the water!

Plain and simple it was a great day today lots of action and fish to put in the smoker tomorrow.hope this keeps up...

Back