Salmon in Victoria lately?

quote:Originally posted by r.s craven

quote:Originally posted by LastChance

Was good off Constance this afternoon for feeders. Got a couple nice ones, shook a great one at the boat! Bait and hoochies were on.

Were they 5-8 lb torpedoes LC ?

fearnofishy-1-1.jpg

They were standard issue feeders, wiht a much nicer teen spittin the hoochie by the boat at the end of the day.

Last Chance Fishing Adventures

www.lastchancefishingadventures.com
www.swiftsurebank.com

are you going to be out again today last chance? if so what channel will you be on?

Thanks.........GB

I have some friends from Mexico staying in Victoria and they want me to take them fishing on Saturday. I normally fish Barcley Sound. Any suggestions on where off of Victoria / Sooke I should take them? What would be my lure or bait of choice.

First check here for weather :http://www.bigwavedave.ca/forecasts.php
Sunday looks like the better day.

For Victoria,
Try trolling the waterfront between brotchie ledge and clover point
using 3.5 or 4.0 coyote's in green/chrome,copcar,blue/chrome.
Hootchies in green/glo, purple haze or white.
I would troll deep , anywhere from 120-180' on the downrigger.

There are mid morning tide changes so make sure gear is in the water
around those times.

Constance bank can also be good , but you kinda need a chart plotter. 140' on the east side , gear dragging the bottom.

Hope this helps

Im thinking the same thing Sunday. Want to take a few friends out and watch the Snow Birds show, think i will drag some gear around before the show.

Thanks for the info r.s. I will be going out Saturday as they have plans for Sunday. I will be in a 622 Explorer with all the gear so I may try Constance depending how my Mexican friends are handling the chop. I will post a report when I get back.

Autmn Ty-ee

Autmn,

I'll be out around Constance tomorrow morning until about noon. 26' Striper -- ch68. Will check out Constance and might head to some deeper water to see if there are any 'Ho's out there.

i will be out on constance tomorrow as well............ 20' grady

will be on 68 also..........good luck guys

Got a preview of the Snowbirds at Clover point today...
one 7lb hatchery spring and a small halibut that shook off behind the boat.
pretty slow, but nice and calm.

fearnofishy-1-1.jpg

ya it was cool to see the snow birds from the water.......... reminds me of comox.

slow for me as well went to the east side of the bank and was marking very little bait of fish so i moved back in where there was a ton of bait and the odd coho showing on the surface but nothing in the boat.....

but your right it was a great day weather wise 530 to 230...Gb

Well, i am gonna launch at cattle and head around to clover and try that. Hope i get dinner!

We gave it a go out there from about 6:30 til 11. Initially went South of the bank in about 400' of water. Within the first 10 mins we got a double header -- one wild Coho and lost the second -- then absolutely nothing for the rest of the morning. Current was very strong on the east side of the bank. Big group of boats on the west side.

Thanks, i won't quit. I really want to catch one. I am still learning though. Once i figure it all out, i'll be rollin'! I wish they weren't so picky though:(

Back