Salmon in Victoria lately?

quote:Originally posted by Mrtrailer

ya,front was good to me.
Picked up a 16lb. from Sydney Harbour and a 69lb. hali from the Powder Wharf.
Great day and saw a few Orka's. :D

MT,

Was that hali catch incidental, or were you targeting them. I've heard of guys pulling out pretty good size hali from the channel. Just wondering how you catch them there.

Highliner
Fish2-2.gif

Lots of bait showing off the waterfront today..
No springs for me however [V] a few boats out but not much action...

Thanks for the update Craven. I heard it was good at Clover earlier in the week. I was thinking about heading out when I was lying in bed this morning. :D Did you hear of anything going on at Constance?

Easy limit of winter springs 8-10# at Constance today. Anchovies, 125 ft. Great weather, plenty action...

when I'm fishing deep,more than 100 feet,should I be using more visable flashers and bait holders/hoochys?I wondered also if scent would help and if so could anyone suggest a common kind used.thanks

quote:Originally posted by gyper

when I'm fishing deep,more than 100 feet,should I be using more visable flashers and bait holders/hoochys?I wondered also if scent would help and if so could anyone suggest a common kind used.thanks

A purple haze is a great bet, and the glow/red flasher works. I only bother with bait when it's slow, grab a handful of Radiant Hoochies and have some fun! The Purple Haze hoochie with the red hooks is lethal. These fish are very agressive and eager to take the hook, I would be more inclined to move then to change my gear if the winters are not co-operating.

Last Chance Fishing Adventures

www.lastchancefishingadventures.com
www.swiftsurebank.com

Constance was good today realy turned on from 11am on lots of fish from 7-10lbs most action was on the west end. purple haze hooch and strip.

Good day out at Constance today. 5 springs 8-10 lbs. All on bait right on bottom, 130'. Never had a hit all day on spoons or hootchies

Back