Covid isolation gulf islands or Victoria/Sooke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaelc

Got the vid and it doesn’t seem too bad. I’m thinking of hitting the gulf islands or hanging out between Sooke and Victoria on the boat, fishing, crabbing, prawning. My brain is a little foggy right now, so going to hold off at least 24 hours before launching.

Where would you go?

I remember catching coho off pended bluffs years ago but I think it’s closed to fishing now.

Best chance for Hali and Coho will likely be Victoria/Sooke? Where prawns and ling are more likely in the gulf islands. Any ideas would be appreciated

Good Hali Tides off Victoria right now. I'd be on the hook relaxing.
Rumor of an early closure out there. I'm not starting rumors. Just something I heard with no confirmation.
Heard of a few Covid cases recently around Victoria. Damn you Covid!!

Good Hali Tides off Victoria right now. I'd be on the hook relaxing.
Rumor of an early closure out there. I'm not starting rumors. Just something I heard with no confirmation.
Heard of a few Covid cases recently around Victoria. Damn you Covid!!
Stizzla has it too. Yes, sounds like Halibut is closing soon

Wow. I’m still browsing boats and reheating beef stroganoff so I better count my lucky stars.

Yeah a few hours waiting for a halibut doesn’t sound like a bad idea.
and you will be busy with dogs....

Wow. I’m still browsing boats and reheating beef stroganoff so I better count my lucky stars.

Yeah a few hours waiting for a halibut doesn’t sound like a bad idea.
Sounds like a good mindset for a reckless boat purchase lol… don’t worry I’ll come grab your cruiser for elcheapo when the winter doldrums hit.

On the hook for hali is likely a good strategy, bring some rod bells incase you get dozy.

El cheapo? Lots of 20-30k price drops out there but few boats that are over 25 feet with outboards and a cabin that are less than 100k. 28k drop on a nice 24 cutwater but just the taxes would kill me! Shopping is limited to stern tie rope, prawn buoys and a few lures, but if you are shopping I’ll send boats your way!

El cheapo? Lots of 20-30k price drops out there but few boats that are over 25 feet with outboards and a cabin that are less than 100k. 28k drop on a nice 24 cutwater but just the taxes would kill me! Shopping is limited to stern tie rope, prawn buoys and a few lures, but if you are shopping I’ll send boats your way!
Lol yeah my shopping needs to be limited as well- the used boats thread is a bad enough distraction, don’t start sending me listings!

Kaelc, unless you are quintuple boosted I don’t think you should leave the house.
I yam what I yam. Actually feeling pretty dam good after a nap today, but easy to start coughing.

I am probably quintuple boosted and my wife put garlic in my socks last night and told me to sleep like that! I was like WTF?

@Stizzla story was enough to make me take it easy, but it's not easy when friends are sending you pictures of the hali they just caught. Editing videos for now.... got to get some stuff published on the yutube.

Got the vid and it doesn’t seem too bad. I’m thinking of hitting the gulf islands or hanging out between Sooke and Victoria on the boat, fishing, crabbing, prawning. My brain is a little foggy right now, so going to hold off at least 24 hours before launching.

Where would you go?

I remember catching coho off pended bluffs years ago but I think it’s closed to fishing now.

Best chance for Hali and Coho will likely be Victoria/Sooke? Where prawns and ling are more likely in the gulf islands. Any ideas would be appreciated

I would go down to Sooke personally.

You have about three good days of currents right now. Anchor and then go coho fishing after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back