Salmon in Victoria lately?

fished albert head on saturday afternoon. one bite we missed at a 100' and that was it.

beauty day though... the swiftsure boats weren't moving too fast...

I'm sure the lovely weather hasn't been condusive to fishing,[V]
but has anyone been out lately ?

P.S watch out for more west winds this weekend:(

fearnofishy-1-1.jpg

I heard from trotac a 37lb of the breakwall thurday A sidenote the hallys are on fire on the bank You pick one lucky salmon or a boat load of hallys hmmmmm I be on the bank saturday tring for fish and chips. good luck to you all.

WOO HOOOO !!
Finally got a Spring fishing Constance this morning.
12 lb red , 160' on a "56 Chevie" squirt.
Flat calm and sun shining and only 4 boats out fishing
That must be a reflection of the slow fishing.

fearnofishy-1-1.jpg

congrats R.S.! the curse is over! i haven't been out in a while here in Vic but good on yah.

Anyone else with any luck recently? The Island Outfitters report indicated there were a few around, but I was wondering how the forum guys have been doing...

cheers

likwit

Was back out the next day and landed a 8 lbs Spring and a 23 lb
halibut on the same gear.
trolled deep 140'-160' right on the bottom.

fearnofishy-1-1.jpg

It's not what you'd call hot but fish have been coming in steady from the waterfront for the last two weeks. The wind has been kind. Not sure if the waxing moon is going to hurt that morning tide change, but there're some slow evening tides to try... which I may do tonight.

quote:Originally posted by megabite

It's not what you'd call hot but fish have been coming in steady from the waterfront for the last two weeks. The wind has been kind. Not sure if the waxing moon is going to hurt that morning tide change, but there're some slow evening tides to try... which I may do tonight.

I guess you're referring to the breakwater area ??

quote:Originally posted by r.s craven

quote:Originally posted by megabite

I guess you're referring to the breakwater area ??

Yes, Macaulay Point, breakwater, off Beacon Hill and down to Ross Bay. I caught a 19 in Ross Bay last week Tuesday. Wednesday last week a colleague picked up one off beacon Hill, one in Ross Bay, both teeners. I talked to Porcupine this morning - he was still fishing - and he had one about 24 from off Macaulay. And I hear two over 30 came in yesterday, guide boat for at least one, no details as to where but off Victoria.

well, not exactly hot, but nice to hear of a few fish coming in...
i'll be out saturday.

Nice fish Porcupine !

[8D]

fearnofishy-1-1.jpg

Any action off the oak bay flats? That's close to home for me, so it's easy to get out there.

Bought a rod and reel today and went to Mcauley point to try a few casts. DARN.. if on 2nd. cast hooked into a good one BUT lost it near rocks before landing. I'm not saying it was a monster but got a look at it and would estimate 15lbs. or so. Great day but netting it would have been icing on the cake. Going out to get the bugger,lol, on Monday. ? for the forum. does a full moon have an effect on fishing the days following?

well, i just loaded everything into the boat, and i am going to the flats. It's close, and it's my first trip all year to the salt. So i hope something happens!! I'll post up when i get back!

I got out there at about 7am and I fished for three hours. Got nothing. There were two other boats out there, one was an older style hard top and the other a newer double eagle type. The double eagle type was the guy jiggin, not me. My boat has a thick blue strip down the side and I had no roof on. RS was that you in the hard top? Man I get skunked all the time, I think I need some tips on how to catch salmon! I think I'm doing everything right but I usually catch nothing. RS what were you using and how do you normally do out there?
Rico

Fished waterfront and Constance yesterday....might as well have just stayed home. Been fishing the breakwall in the evening a lot and can't remember the last time i hooked up. Even the crabbing has sucked.
It's been suggested i take up knitting!

Back