Salmon in Victoria lately?

I was there in white 16' k&c with blue top...
I dragged coyote spoons, squirts and hootchies with no success.
Catching a Spring is like winning a lottery right now.
:(

fearnofishy-1-1.jpg

Good old dad is taking me out in his sailboat for a 'bonding' trip,so I might as well cast some zingers while we 'chat'. Just going out of Oak Bay. If anything bites I'll post it.

Right on craven. That's the boat i meant as the double eagle type. I don't know my boats all that well. I guess you saw me too. It is fun to be out there, but a fish would be nice. I'll keep on trying though!

I fished the waterfront for 5 hours on Thursday, 9 hours on Saturday and 4 hours on Sunday. My observation is that only about 1 in 6 boats catches a salmon. Even guide boats are getting skunked regularly off the waterfront. And this is during peak season.

10 boats including me fishing the breakwater, saw one beauty landed
about 100' away, looked high 20's maybe 30lbs.
Nothing for me :(
Heard that one boat had landed 3 before 10:00am.
You know who that is Porcupine. ;)

I saw quite a few boats out last night. Any reports from this week...

I am gonna give the waterfront a try. I am gonna go on sunday morning. Where do you guys launch? Esquimalt anglers? Anyone else going?

You can launch at James bay anglers, or Esquimalt
i quite often run down from Oakbay, it only takes about 15 mins.

Well, here we go. Gonna load the boat and give it a try. Hope i get somethon'. I'll keep ya'll posted....................

Try Constance bank, i picked up a 20lb halibut trolling on the bottom for salmon yesterday :D
lost a bigger one as well.

fearnofishy-1-1.jpg

We lauched at Cattle Point at 7am. Back at the truck at 11:40 am. with 23#,24#,26#, and 43# hali.

Good night for a b.b.q.and a few brewskies...:D

Oak Bay,west side of the Flats,aprox...? not sure, no G.P.S.Never thought I'd be able to say thanks to an experienced man like you r.s. :)
Right time,right place,and keeping lines wet FINALLY paid off.

5 years,2 months,10 days and I'm on the water 24/7/365!! Will someone please inform my wife she can find me between Coal Island and Port Renfrew between the months of January and December.

Rico, I wondered if you saw that post. When are we going out?

KillerKurrs
BaitBoy's Island Chapter

salmon who? Lets go try some hali. I'll call ya. How does wednesday look for you?

the curse is over!

we got 2 springs on the waterfront yesterday evening... albeit they were only 8 or 9 pound feeders but desperate times call for desperate measures.

we did it! we did it!

quote:Originally posted by likwit

the curse is over!

we got 2 springs on the waterfront yesterday evening... albeit they were only 8 or 9 pound feeders but desperate times call for desperate measures.

we did it! we did it!

right on likwit,
bait or lures ?

fearnofishy-1-1.jpg

Back