OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

headed across for a couple hours or so today,
boxed a 12 and a 16 today offshore Gabby at 177', lost 2 other screemers and knocked back one smaller guy,all on brined anchovy.
funny thing was I didn't get anything until I noticed how absolutely Gin clear the water was, it was so clear I could see my cannonball 25' below me in the water while stacking could clearly see flasher and bait rolling along.
so I switched up to a couple of Derby's goofy flashers :p called Rolleyblades and be damned if we didn't start getting consistent action within minutes, coincidence? I don't think so, pretty crazy looking in the water and no more blowback then a regular flasher, we could see the fish on screen but coudnt get them to take till I switched

Last edited by a moderator:
went 3 for 4 hits today at the hump
best being an 18lber and put a big smile on my friends face
her biggest so far this year

100-130' hootchies and a lost count amount of p-cod ......
tried fishing with a bit of everything and bait did not get a sniff
trolling herring and chovy not even a p-cod on them?

Attachments

• IMG_20150509_100307.jpg
    IMG_20150509_100307.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 599
  • IMG_20150509_111447.jpg
    IMG_20150509_111447.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 612
Geez John that's a big 18 or shes just a small gal

Limits for us today offshore grande 110 - 140ft in 500'-700' of water, double header to start the day. 3 marbles and 1 white
Stellar day out there!

My thrasher report ..... 500-700 ft water of Granby to Thrasher ....... Boxed 4 got into a few more, incredible flat crossings beauty day.
Best bet was 150 feet, green white theme on hootchies cop cars for spoons. Belly full of fresh crab now taboot.

How is the weather out there guys, mostly the wind. Both the Hump and Thrasher.
Thanks

Got this red at 6am today thrasher
0397bef62826b69bea42b58d4b7278ca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is the weather out there guys, mostly the wind. Both the Hump and Thrasher.
Thanks

It was blowing a Squall ........ Perfect storm type stuff ........ Flat calm usually means no wind

Hey fishing solo ....... Them flashers and kite tails worked well ..... Thanks again

Boxed 3 at the hump yesterday. All nice size marble. Had 2 crab traps stolen at the north arm and the 3rd one moved a mile away from where it was dropped. If I ever catch someone doing this I will be shooting a hole in their boat below the water line. Anyone see someone pulling a small orange buoy or a yellowish one with bright green marking paint on it?

Out at 5 fingers early morning yesterday and caught a nice 19lber then moved over to Thrasher at 1:30 and landed a 29lber about 2pm. Lost a few and released some undersized. All and all a beautiful flat calm day.
Springs.jpg

Crossed to Thrasher yesterday with perfect conditions all day. I took CD's advice, thanks, and boated three (one white, two red) around Grande (in 550 to 650 feet) all at 90 feet all on a green glow Coyote spoon although I tried other stuff. There seemed to be big bite at low slack in the afternoon when we left, but lots of fish being caught throughout the day. Awesome fishing!

Crossed to Thrasher yesterday with perfect conditions all day. I took CD's advice, thanks, and boated three (one white, two red) around Grande (in 550 to 650 feet) all at 90 feet all on a green glow Coyote spoon although I tried other stuff. There seemed to be big bite at low slack in the afternoon when we left, but lots of fish being caught throughout the day. Awesome fishing!

Hey Red Monster that's great man! Thanks to Pippin too for telling me he heard the bite was on over at Grande! It's pretty cool we can all help each other out get into some fish. Was nice meeting a couple forum members out on the water too. Great to see people out there having a blast. Can't wait to get back out there!

Fished the hump this morning from nine to twelve with anchovies at 120 feet. We got nothing except one large Pollock that wound itself around the downrigger cable and escaped before I was able to gaff it.

Left silva bay around 6:30, lines down, had a screamer that just came unbuttoned after 5 or so mins.
Spun around and bang, boxed this one at 18, beauty purple. Made one more tack and went to get the prawn traps, found one but the other on a orange scotchman was gone. 2 Bauers and 450 lead line with a line weight to boot.
Name and # on the bouy, hope I get a call. If I don't I would luv to catch the sack of **** red handed and show him how I gaff through the cheek plate of a big spring. Rat basterd thieves put a downer to the end of the first overnighter in the boat.

Fishing was hot, no problem tubbing out anywhere around the rock.

Left silva bay around 6:30, lines down, had a screamer that just came unbuttoned after 5 or so mins.
Spun around and bang, boxed this one at 18, beauty purple. Made one more tack and went to get the prawn traps, found one but the other on a orange scotchman was gone. 2 Bauers and 450 lead line with a line weight to boot.
Name and # on the bouy, hope I get a call. If I don't I would luv to catch the sack of **** red handed and show him how I gaff through the cheek plate of a big spring. Rat basterd thieves put a downer to the end of the first overnighter in the boat.

Fishing was hot, no problem tubbing out anywhere around the rock.

Pretty good tide rips around thrasher. Depending on the direction of tide and location you dropped traps may have been pulled into deeper water and floated or pulled float under depending on the size of your Scotchman.

Back