OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Cats out of the bag. 19lb red from 2 days ago. Caught this 18lb ling close by.

Attachments

• IMG_0316.jpg
    IMG_0316.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 589
  • IMG_0319~2.jpg
    IMG_0319~2.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 587
Very nice fish! Where is "the falls"? I think I know that Grande is sort of where the cliffs are on Gabriola btwn Silva Bay and Entrance Island...right?

Sorry PE I was more NW from the Grande pack when I got into the fish. I was between Silva Bay and the cliffs where the run off falls come down to the ocean. I've heard areas of that whole strip through there referred to as Grande by fisherman. But myself I think of it more between Thrasher and Silva Bay so I dunno. I think you know what I mean lol.

My fish were 17 lbs and 14.5 lbs. A red and white. Just chilling out at Page's. Gonna have some supper then may go out for Lings before crashing then gonna give em a go again in the morning.

Nice fish RyanB! Did you get the Ling trolling or jigging? Were you targeting them or Salmon fishing when you got it?

Sorry PE I was more NW from the Grande pack when I got into the fish. I was between Silva Bay and the cliffs where the run off falls come down to the ocean. I've heard areas of that whole strip through there referred to as Grande by fisherman. But myself I think of it more between Thrasher and Silva Bay so I dunno. I think you know what I mean lol.

My fish were 17 lbs and 14.5 lbs. A red and white. Just chilling out at Page's. Gonna have some supper then may go out for Lings before crashing then gonna give em a go again in the morning.

Nice fish RyanB! Did you get the Ling trolling or jigging? Were you targeting them or Salmon fishing when you got it?

Ah, OK. Thanks for the info!

So this evening turned out to be my first day on the water for 2015. I got my lines in the water around 4pm on the southwest edge of The Hump and was trolling west. After about 45 minutes I got a beautiful 28inch chinook on an anchovy with a green splatter teaser head. I know it's not huge but I was so stoked! First fish of 2015, and landed solo. About 15mins later I got a feisty fish on a Panzer colour Iron Noggin Needle. It was about 1" undersize and went back promptly.

Here's a selfie with the keeper fish.
May%208%20Chinook%2002_zpsjjqo6pvy.jpg

I will be at the hump tomorrow. It will be a beautiful day.

I'll be heading out in the morning...to the Hump, Thrasher, or Nanaimo..thoughts on where the best action may be?

Well we landed two nice Springs and a Ling at Thrasher today. My bud Tristan landed this one if that helps your decision after I went one for two a couple hours before. Then picked up some nice crabs on the way home. Will be back Sunday!image.jpg

Great start to the year PE!

Big tide change coming in an hour!

Friggin Pollock love slack slack and small tides for feeding. I've got 5 of the slimy buggers already

Right on time!! Tide starting to swing. Tubbed a nice one on a hootchie and lost a bigger one on herring. By the cliffs Gabriola. Both at 90'image.jpg

Hit this 33 inch hatchery at the Hump yesterday at 150' on a choive. Had 2 other undersize and 2 hits that didn't stick. It was a bit of a grind it out day!

Attachments

• Dave Chinook May 8th.jpg
    Dave Chinook May 8th.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 481
Fished hump today. Son landed 2 around 10 lbs. Both white and feisty. Both were hit on chovie at 100ft. Fished west of the herd again all by our lonesome lol.

Right on Deejray! Your son must be stoked! Was a beautiful day on the water today. Action was really good on the other side too. I posted my report on the Gulf Island section.
Lot's of Springs around. Still gonna get better even yet I think! :D

Action was really good on the other side too. I posted my report on the Gulf Island section.
Lot's of Springs around. Still gonna get better even yet I think! :D

Sheesh! I don't know what I was doing wrong but it must've been something. I didn't get a sniff of a salmon all day. Was around Thrasher area 8am-2pm, then at The Hump 2pm-4:30pm. Nothing! (well, except some cod) Spectacular day on the water nonetheless

Sheesh! I don't know what I was doing wrong but it must've been something. I didn't get a sniff of a salmon all day. Was around Thrasher area 8am-2pm, then at The Hump 2pm-4:30pm. Nothing! (well, except some cod) Spectacular day on the water nonetheless

PE what's up man you didn't read my report yesterday then!! :eek: ;) Ya yesterday I didn't touch anything at Thrasher. I moved NW a bit from there and that's where I got all my fish both yesterday and today. Don't get me wrong I'm just razzin ya some guys got fish at Thrasher but I think a lot more were got a bit more out in the Straight and to the NW. Could be just the route the fish are migrating through. But there will always be feeders too that move in and out looking for and following bait.
What are you using for bait/gear PE? All the Springs I cleaned were stuffed with Herring. I can't believe a couple of them even tried to eat my bait their stomach's looked so swollen.

Boxed a 15 right on the rock at Thraser and missed a second. 99' on a chovie
Put a nice 12 lb ling in as well, sitting in silva bay having couple beers and some halibut.
It was packed at thrasher, saw a few boxed farther out in the deeper water. Heard a 39 was caught.
Give er a go in the morning before heading back.

Back