OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Nice Fish There Blackmax....weather looks great. What was the size ??????

Nice Fish There Blackmax....weather looks great. What was the size ??????

It was 22lbs cleaned, very stocky fish with big tail and head. Its meat was pure white and very moist, not sure where this run is from. It was tiresome hooking all p cod so next trip will be Thrasher.

Its meat was pure white and very moist, .

These early whites and marbles in my opinion are amongst the best table fare I have had. :cool: In saying that we had a few springs from Thrasher last year that were almost sockeye/crimson red....MAN were they good fresh out of the water!!!

It was 22lbs cleaned, very stocky fish with big tail and head. Its meat was pure white and very moist, not sure where this run is from. It was tiresome hooking all p cod so next trip will be Thrasher.
No guarantees that Thrasher will be free of Pollock. They can go from location to location overnight

No guarantees that Thrasher will be free of Pollock. They can go from location to location overnight

Thrasher is not free of them, got a few yesterday ...... but not much bait around even for them so no wonder the Springs are eating them ....... Caught spring there with them in the guts in the past.

HT

These early whites and marbles in my opinion are amongst the best table fare I have had. :cool: In saying that we had a few springs from Thrasher last year that were almost sockeye/crimson red....MAN were they good fresh out of the water!!!

Nothing beats the cheeks on any big spring.

Where's the "chop"?? Haha. She's calm out here!

One in the box!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like 1-0 in the Hump versus Thrasher today? ;)

I spoke to soon lol. I wondered away from the pack a bit more north east and got three. Released one about 8-10 lb and tubbed two beauties. Both caught on my new reel!image.jpg

hhmmm I guess we are heading across on Sunday....
how deep is the water you are fishing??

Some nice looking springs there CD..... Has me thinking Now ????? Thanks...were to go !!!

Back