Nog's Needle - The Good News

updates?........................................................

With all due respect the Sand lance spoon although different, has come out of the gate much faster and will probably impact the arrival of the needle, although I'm sure it will be a great product.

Last edited by a moderator:
With all due respect the Sand lance spoon although different, has come out of the gate much faster and will probably impact the arrival of the needle, although I'm sure it will be a great product.

As the season wears on, won't demand for these slightly decease since the migratory fish are here? My understanding is that needlefish/sand lance are early season bait. I could be wrong though, wouldn't be the first time.

As the season wears on, won't demand for these slightly decease since the migratory fish are here? My understanding is that needlefish/sand lance are early season bait. I could be wrong though, wouldn't be the first time.

As long as needlefish are the bait at hand, that is what both of these products imitate.

Updates are coming!

R.S. - Although competition fuels industry, we were more than happy to see fellow passionate BC angler Andrew P move forward with his own Sand Lance lure. We fully understand the undertakings in bringing a new lure to market (now!) and his efforts have been fantastic, and it has quickly proven itself to be an effective salmon lure! Other than the targeted bait both lures imitate (Needlefish/Sand Lance) the spoons are both unique in their design and action. Life on the water would be pretty dull if we only had one lure to choose from!

Regarding the release being somewhat late, this is due to the challenges faced when bringing a new product to market. We wanted to be completely sure that we had a product that met our high standards of manufacturing. We are confident we now have that product, without doubt.

Website details to follow.

Updates are coming!

R.S. - Although competition fuels industry, we were more than happy to see fellow passionate BC angler Andrew P move forward with his own Sand Lance lure. We fully understand the undertakings in bringing a new lure to market (now!) and his efforts have been fantastic, and it has quickly proven itself to be an effective salmon lure! Other than the targeted bait both lures imitate (Needlefish/Sand Lance) the spoons are both unique in their design and action. Life on the water would be pretty dull if we only had one lure to choose from!

Regarding the release being somewhat late, this is due to the challenges faced when bringing a new product to market. We wanted to be completely sure that we had a product that met our high standards of manufacturing. We are confident we now have that product, without doubt.

Website details to follow.

The feeling is mutual Nog and like all else....I am also keen to give them a go!

See below for important info:

PUBLIC WEBSITE RELEASE: JULY 23-25, 2014 (Date and time to be confirmed in the next week)

WEBSITE ADDRESS: http://www.ironneedlelures.ca

Thank you to all for the continue support as we close in on such an anticipated date!

*Note: Website is still under construction and public access is limited.

-----------------

Payment Options: Paypal
Shipping: Flat Rate Canada Post

For those of us that have booked trips for the August long weekend can we pick up the lures in Abby or on the Island if need be? Sort of do not trust Canada Post to deliver within a week.

Ross

The feeling is mutual Nog and like all else....I am also keen to give them a go!

LOL! Actually that's not me, rather my Partner, the Shop Foreman where they are being produced. So, he is even more in the know than I am these days!

What he wrote I do Strongly Concur with! In fact I have one of your spoons Andrew, and will be giving it a whirl when I am able!

We've all waited Far too long an effective needlefish spoon to come along, and now it appears we will have TWO to work with! This development is Exciting, and certain to benefit salt water fishermen all round!!

I am actually right looking forward to getting my own hands on a few of this batch of Needles! Unfortunately for me, I'll be offshore before the release, and so am hoping there will be one or two left for me to run when I get back!!

Tight Lines Folks! Methinks our efforts will soon be providing a few of you with Just That!! ;)

Cheers,
Nog

cool.. I cannot wait to see your website. I am really interested in buying some of your hottest lures!

Thanks
Discus

cant wait to give this spoon a run! in regards to people worrying about using needlefish lures later in the year - needless worry. Chinook love to eat these little buggers year round. When available they are often the preferred food source in my opinion.

For those of us that have booked trips for the August long weekend can we pick up the lures in Abby or on the Island if need be? Sort of do not trust Canada Post to deliver within a week.

Ross

Ross, understanding that August is THE fishing month in BC, we will offer local pick-up in Abbotsford for the month of August. As previously stated, we are a manufacturer, not a retail outlet, so special arrangements may need to be made.

Regarding Canada Post, at this time, packages will be shipped Expedited and tracked service. We have been using Canada Post throughout this project and they have proven timely in their delivery. More importantly, Canada Post has outlets in most of our remote coastal communities which have regular service, whereas Purolator, UPS, and other carriers may only do one-day-per-week deliveries.
Canada Post also offers shipping to PO Boxes, something the other carriers do not.

FOR IN PERSON PICK-UPS or other inquiries: Please email the official Iron Needle address:

ironneedlelures@gmail.com

*Note - Please refrain from making PICK-UP requests until the website is released. Any requests prior to that date may not be answered due to scheduling, though we will do our best to get to them.

Iron Needle updates:

LURE SPECIFICS:

All of our trolling spoons come complete with:

- Silver soldered welded rings
- Commercial grade (4/0) stainless steel hooks
- Pro-Series blades
- 3D molded eyes

They are proudly made entirely in British Columbia, Canada.

AVAILABLE FINISHES:

1. Full Nickel Plated Trolling Spoon - available July 23-25

2. Full 24 Karat Gold Triple Plated Trolling Spoon - available July 23-25

COMING SOON

PAINTED SPOONS:

There will be 3 models of painted spoons available in October 2014.

1. Gold Plated Painted Spoon

2. Nickel Plated Painted Spoon

3. Full Painted Spoon (UV/Glow finish)

Pricing information will be available in the very near future.
Thank You.

So just one size?
Do they come with a hook or suggested hook size?
Folks will want to know about leader length and any other useful information, all of which could be provided online.
Could be my West Coast Weapon this year. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Im impressed!

You guys are doing what ive only dreamed of! I just spent a month commercial fishing springs and they were choked full of similar sized sandlance! get me some for next year, please.

Back