Nanaimo and area Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were two other boats last night at Winchelsea and one of them had the same luck as us. I didn't see anyone cleaning fish! It was getting lumpy out there.

Kelly

I was at Gerald and Ballenas yesterday morning. One hit at Gerald and lost one to a broken hook at Ballenas. Saw one boated at Ballenas. I haven't heard a thing about Sangster this year from the people I know.

Had some friends fishing the Gabriola area on Monday and Tuesday and if you were there when the bite was on, tubbing out was no problem. One boat landed 8 in the high teens on Tuesday on a leisurely fish. Hoochies and Spoons were the ticket from 150 to the bottom.

got a 21 at flora tonight, picked some friends up on hornby and got them a nice one, beauty evening had released a few that were boarder line,

Got a nice 20 pound spring yesterday morning at 7:30am a mile north of Gerald at 150 feet using a 602 tomic going 3.2 mph.

Seems to be lots of dogfish at Ballenas right now and they are quite partial to spoons[:0]. Last couple of days I've had about 6 take the spoon at a fast troll. Fish are being caught out there but its pretty spotty. Seems like plugs are working well.

Not much luck for us tonight. Trolled around Ballenas at 120' and 160' with green and blue hootchie and a cop car spoon. Lots of feed at the west end. Heard that low slack was producing from one fellow at the dock who had success with zingers at the back eddies. Food for thought.

I ended getting out on sunday,fish out from the fingers and away from the seals managed a 20lb white anchovy 137ft was only out for about an hour due too weeds and frustration as i was fishing by myself.

got a 19 this afternoon between the fingers and entrance along the whiskey gulf line as they were doing military excercises , got it right as the ferry sailed by, going to candy this one for the weekend.

Has anyone been out to Little Q to see if it has started?

Went out last evening to Ballenas, got a 12lber at 170 ft on a green plug. Other than that not much happening there, I heard there were a few caught at Sangster.

Went out yesterday 7:15 to 12:30 and worked Fingers to Rocky Point. It was rather snotty. A couple or three shakers, plus two in the box. They were no great size as the largest was (13 on the 13th [:p])13 pounds. They were taken at 90 and 109 feet on the Spackleback.

Too much water, too little time

Hi RVP.

Good lookin Hali, and I guess your son got his good looks from his mom (just kidn). :D

Nice work there. Nothing better than catchin fish with your kids.

Let me add my congrats to Nate on that beauty hali!!! He had a great fight and a terrific outcome. I'm jealous that it was his turn up, though.:DYes, I'm still buttless [:eek:)]
We also kept a couple of springs for the day, as well.
By the way guys, remember when many of you said that the old boat would never run, and if it did it wouldn't catch fish. She may not be pretty (ok, she's ugly)but she takes rough water and catches fish, now that she is trained.:D:D

Too much water, too little time

nice hali Nate! cool seeing you guys at the table. it was a good evening out a trasher as well, got a quick limit for springs between 10-15. one was blasting aerials. I headed out to the spoil groundds off trasher to see if there were any sox around but didn't see anything. came back and got both the springs off the reef.

Nice Hali...Congrats! Targeted?
Went out for a sundown tour of the fingers last night. Not much to report other than shaker pinks...lots and lots of shaker pinks.
R

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back