Nanaimo and area Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out this evening and fished the Grey rock. 3 undersized springs with a 13 lb keeper caught on a cop car at 60 feet... They were shallow tonight.

Out again on Friday evening, tried my luck at Winchelsea but the friggin seals were just relentless:(. Final tally gronk 0 seals 3. All the hits were on spoons at around 100 ft.

Hey Kelly sorry we got cut off on the radio, was that your end or mine?
The first time I called you I looked back and had a double header, a couple of screamers, the guy following me said he thought they were coho because of their jumping. Anyway managed to land one of them the other took off with my favorite spoon. I had picked up another fish about an hour earlier so I was limited out:D Again it was spoons that were working at 80 and 90 ft. Big one was 16 and the other 13lbs

That was on my side. Haha i was to lazy to monkey around and put the antenna up. We ran over there did one pass and called it. Landed one barely legal we released and lost a screamer after a good scrap at gerald. Small spoons 160ft. Good work on your fish most guys were skunked. I never fish the outside of the island there but will have to start. They closed it last year aug 1st. Im back aug 1st and ill be out daily for aug. Tight lines

I would like to take my grandchildren Pink fishing, is there any opportunity around Nanaimo this summer. Thanks

I would like to take my grandchildren Pink fishing, is there any opportunity around Nanaimo this summer. Thanks

went out yesterday with a couple albertans that had never been saltwater fishing before, trolled green can down to neck point and back, lost one spring around hudson rock that was our only hit, fishing through a big flood tide. dropped them off and picked up my wife around five, took her out to the far finger and trolled out, got one nice 12lb spring, barebeque that up tonight, nice night out there.

went out yesterday with a couple albertans that had never been saltwater fishing before, trolled green can down to neck point and back, lost one spring around hudson rock that was our only hit, fishing through a big flood tide. dropped them off and picked up my wife around five, took her out to the far finger and trolled out, got one nice 12lb spring, barebeque that up tonight, nice night out there.

quote:Originally posted by Les Potter

Yup!Round about the middle of August in Departure Bay and downtown in the harbour around the mouth of the Millstone River.
Dave

quote:Originally posted by vetteman

Yup!Round about the middle of August in Departure Bay and downtown in the harbour around the mouth of the Millstone River.
Dave

Thanks Dave,really appreciate the info.

Les

quote:Originally posted by vetteman

Dave

Sorry guys, my mistake. :) guess that is what you get when you have a mainlander comment about things on the island he doesn't know enough about. [:I]

Gronk I heard it was on fire at gerald sangster and ballenas.parents said the marina was a zoo with fisherman.any truth?I was going nuts hearing this and not being able to fish for another week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back