Gulf Islands 2013

attachment.php

I've been told that you fish the inside on the ebb tide, when the bait is being pushed in.

I've yet to try it out, if its too rough outside its probably the next option, or tent island.

Nice fish fortyfour, can you send some of those fish south ? :)
Thanks Craven, I would try to send some south but I dont think they'd listen. Seems to be an abundance of feed in the straight again. I do know of a sweet vacation rental with moorage right in whaler bay though if you want to bring your boat up this way.
cheers

This is a great thread for the local waters I have grown up fishing. I wont be getting out much between now and April my kids are in ski lessons. But I do enjoy reading the posts.

Thank you,
Jimmy

Haven't been out yet but will be over around Porlier/Active in a couple weeks and will drop a line. Not expecting too much but I haven't really fished the gulf islands in the winter so any advice is welcomed.

This sounds like a crapper special..........:)

Yeah not sure its on fire. Went out this afternoon I couldn't hold it any longer. Out through Active pass, up to Salamanca Pt.and dropped the gear, not a touch at the first 3 spots heading up Galiano. Picked up and went north to the top of the RC, dropped again and over the next hour got 2 to the boat, 1 under at 22" and one barely legal at 24.5". 4:00 p.m. better head back it's an hour home through Porlier. Nice sunny afternoon gotta love it.

So far 5 for the joker spoon to 1 for the spatter hootchie. not sure how long the hootchie had a sole on it but over the bite for sure so not really fair.

no other bycatch

barely legal hatchery

Attachments

• IMG_1325.jpg
    IMG_1325.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 138
Hey Firelight, what's the RC? I will be heading out with a buddy tomorrow and we're planning to fish porlier and gabriola area.

Back