Gulf Islands 2013

3rd fish in 3 days same spot just after the morning high tide this time. 11 lbs on an Irish cream coho killer missed the only other bite.

I think I'll wait till saturday, but I'm chompin at the bit to get out there. Got a few spots to check out hope they produce a bit. Seems like we got some good weather for a few more days too.

im hearing lots of lingcod being cought while salmon fishing. is lingcod open cause i thought it was closed till april and also if it is closed and you catch one and it dies when your trying to set er back in the water are you aloud to keep it??

im hearing lots of lingcod being cought while salmon fishing. is lingcod open cause i thought it was closed till april and also if it is closed and you catch one and it dies when your trying to set er back in the water are you aloud to keep it??

If you can spell..........try this......R E G U L A T I O N S.......read them and if you feel the need.....reference them.

And ya.....go ahead and keep it if it dies......just make sure you run home in the dark with ALL your prawn/crab traps and hide the fish in your pant leg as you walk away from your boat. :rolleyes:

Lingcod and Rockfish: Reminder: Fishing for lingcod and rockfish will close Oct. 1, 2012 until further notice in the following Areas:

• Lingcod: Areas: 12-1 to 12-13, 12-15 to 12-48, 13 to 19, 20-5 to 20-7 and 29-5.
  • Rockfish (Rockfish and Yelloweye Rockfish in the aggregate): Areas: 12 to 19, 20-5 to 20-7 and 29-5.

Lingcod and Rockfish: Reminder: Fishing for lingcod and rockfish will close Oct. 1, 2012 until further notice in the following Areas:

• Lingcod: Areas: 12-1 to 12-13, 12-15 to 12-48, 13 to 19, 20-5 to 20-7 and 29-5.
  • Rockfish (Rockfish and Yelloweye Rockfish in the aggregate): Areas: 12 to 19, 20-5 to 20-7 and 29-5.

There you go 55.......I have no idea as to where exactly you are but Scott was good enough to help ya out.

19 january 2013

Got out today, weather was real nice. 4 springs to the boat, 2 undersized released, 2 keepers. bycatch 1 sole released. 3 fish on a Zurtro 3 3/4" Joker, purple and white spoon, the other on a green glow spatterback squirt.

no lings no hali

Attachments

• IMG_1306.jpg
    IMG_1306.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 442
Got out today, weather was real nice. 4 springs to the boat, 2 undersized released, 2 keepers. bycatch 1 sole released. 3 fish on a Zurtro 3 3/4" Joker, purple and white spoon, the other on a green glow spatterback squirt.

no lings no hali

attachment.php

Nicely done Todd!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! Way to go were you up at porlier? I fished only 3hrs yesterday and had 4 bites but we only got one to the boat this time...

Nice! Way to go were you up at porlier? I fished only 3hrs yesterday and had 4 bites but we only got one to the boat this time...

yea we were up north, had to give the usual spot a try, it was nice enough to come down the outside on the way home but we didn't drop the gear down south.

we dropped 4 traps but only got 20 prawns, seems the outside has gone off for prawns the last couple years, but 3 years ago it was on fire.

yea we were up north, had to give the usual spot a try, it was nice enough to come down the outside on the way home but we didn't drop the gear down south.

we dropped 4 traps but only got 20 prawns, seems the outside has gone off for prawns the last couple years, but 3 years ago it was on fire.

cool I might have seen you cruise by on yer way home near salamanca pt around 230-3ish. going out now to try out the new gopro downrigger cam that me and a buddy just put together. tried it off the dock yesterday afternoon and was pretty impressed with the visibility at 15ft down on the bottom of the bay. hoping to be able to see whats going on on the bottom in 90-100ft.

cheers

Went out yesterday around 3pm for an hr to test the new gopro downrigger cam. unfortunately the gopro had a problem with the back up battery I was using and died within seconds. too bad as the fishing was hot right of the bat with a bite just as I finished tightening down the second reel. ended up with 5 bites in short order and we landed a 20lber. this fish nearly spooled us before she tired.

Went out yesterday around 3pm for an hr to test the new gopro downrigger cam. unfortunately the gopro had a problem with the back up battery I was using and died within seconds. too bad as the fishing was hot right of the bat with a bite just as I finished tightening down the second reel. ended up with 5 bites in short order and we landed a 20lber. this fish nearly spooled us before she tired.

Way to go fortyfour! I heard another great report from down your way this weekend. Seems like that is were the fish were.

Back