Favorite Picture of the year

no good fishy pics for me this year - my best pic is stuck on my phone, but this was a goodie too - taken from Church, ironically enough on a Sunday!

41174_425625600657_622875657_5473858_1464896_n.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Deewar25

no good fishy pics for me this year - my best pic is stuck on my phone, but this was a goodie too - taken from Church, ironically enough on a Sunday!

was expecting to see your picture with the ladies at the Consultant's...

quote:Originally posted by Degree of Freedom

was expecting to see your picture with the ladies at the Consultant's...

hey, there's beauty in nature as well now! You can always go back to sooke reports page 18 for my favorite girly pic and our website :)

I didn't take a lot of "fishy-fishy" type "glory" shots this year....not sure why but all the trips I got back from it was mostly of scenery, friends and good times.

My absolute favourite I am checking if I have "permission" to post up as one of the "persons" in the photo may not want his mug posted up. I'll keep ya posted. ;)

Here are a few...

The "tropical" looking south side of the Brooks Peninsula.

Picture362.jpg

The Morning "commute" coming out of Kyuquot!!

IMG_2815.jpg

Ha ha ha.....met and fished with a great new buddy!! When it's calm like this out on the highway he doesn't use a rod.

IMG_3074-1.jpg

Found my favourite chair to sit in while fishing on the WCVI.

IMG_3035.jpg

Have you hugged a Gorby today??? ;P

quote:Originally posted by Degree of Freedom

you turn that head in Dave?...be interesting to hear where that pig was from.

Dan, yea the head was turned it, however I cant take credit for the one. That was Chris Fyfes 50#. What a beauty eh? It was nice of him to let me get a pic though, I actually used it on my new buisiness cards! Shhhh!

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

Scotty, You look right at home in the "perch"! Nice pics. That one of the Brooks... Ive never been there. Ill have to make a trip there next summer.

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy24/lakedout/01180020.jpg
I keep an old camera in the glovebox loaded with 35mm film (yes, film!) in case something interesting happens and the digital camera isn't on board.
It takes me 2 or 3 years to fill the camera up but it is always like Christmas getting the developing done; plus the kids are shocked when they have to actually WAIT to see the pics LOL, makes me feel old!
Anyhow, hit the end of the roll recently and got the pictures back.
This pic was a nice surprise, if only I could remember the circumstances, looks like off the Nook in the fall about 2 years ago? Notice the 'flying fish heading at our boat'.
Smiley.

quote:Originally posted by Sangstercraft

Looks like a great setup, Pippen! You're on the hunting BC forum too, right?

Yup.....MB_Boy......you????

In hindsight 7-8 years ago when I joined these forums I don't know why I didn't just keep the same name between fishing and hunting??? [:eek:)] [:I]

quote:Originally posted by Island Fish Lifter

Scotty, You look right at home in the "perch"! Nice pics. That one of the Brooks... Ive never been there. Ill have to make a trip there next summer.

I think you need to get a temporary sign on the back of the "perch" that says "Yellow Eye"....or "Zeus' Director".[:p]

Dave....the south side of the Brooks is awesome. We take a day out while in Kyuquot every year if the weather permits and make a run up. Crazy beaches....clear but cool water....and tons of beachcombing to be had. I never thought I would be into "combing"...but you find some amazing stuff on those beaches. Crab floats from Oregon...the coveted glass balls from nets....life jackets from boats that to this day I don't know if they were wrecked....kayakers who have no idea what they got themselves into in trying to kayak around van island. [:eek:)] (met this dude there who thought he had died and gone to heaven when we fed him and left him with a leg of lamb, some booze, a blackberry pie, flatbread and coleslaw...this guy had no idea what he was in for!!) Top it all off and he was a Brit who was doing it during the World Cup!! That's the only outside info he wanted....he didn't appreciate my "info" that said he was 14 days in and his "6 week" venture was WAY, WAY out of reach. [:p] But we toasted over some vino....and he laughed that he knew he bit off more than he could likely chew.

Here's one of a couple of sea otters I spotted just east of the Mahatta in Quatsino Sound. There was a whole family of them, 10-15 total.

46362_1588328194963_1438584019_31584943_3095266_n.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Pippen

In hindsight 7-8 years ago when I joined these forums I don't know why I didn't just keep the same name between fishing and hunting??? [:eek:)] [:I]

Yeah i'm 'Sangstercraft' there too. Going for a bull moose in 5-5 Oct1. I just added u to my 'buddy list' on the forum.

Couple of pictures of fish caught from a trip to Queens Sound and Rivers Inlet.

Picture549.jpg

This is how coolers should look.
Picture557.jpg

Larget King I have ever caught. 46#'s Caught with a plain cut plug and kone zone daisy chain on the rigger at 37 feet right next to a kelp bed.
Picture554.jpg

No pictures from the actual trip because we forgot to take the camera with us.

quote:Originally posted by Pippen

In hindsight 7-8 years ago when I joined these forums I don't know why I didn't just keep the same name between fishing and hunting??? </u> [:eek:)] [:I]

What's with the clown face and embarrassment[V]. I did the same thing and feel great about it:D. It's two different things to me and my HBC handle just doesn't sound fishy enough and is not the name of my boat;).

"I'm not talkin bout pleasure boatin or day sailin......I'm talkin bout workin for a livin"- Captain Quint

Nice pic's saanauk[8D]. Your right in your second pic that IS how a cooler should look. Congrats on those beauty tyee's:D!!!

"I'm not talkin bout pleasure boatin or day sailin......I'm talkin bout workin for a livin"- Captain Quint

41174_425625600657_622875657_5473858_1464896_n.jpg

Good picture....this place reminds me of good northern cohofishing at Church Rock many years ago early in the fall cool morning.

I should have read the HOW TO POST PICS threads first!

Here it is

01180020.jpg

Smiley.

quote:Originally posted by Sculpin

What's with the clown face and embarrassment[V]. I did the same thing and feel great about it:D. It's two different things to me and my HBC handle just doesn't sound fishy enough and is not the name of my boat;).

Ha ha....not embarassment....just think it would be easier to draw a "similiarity"; I am one person....not two. :D [:p] ;)

Back