Favorite Picture of the year

darinb

Lets see your favorite fishing moment or best fishing picture of the year. Here are two of mine. Me fishing with my little buddy.

IMG_0734.jpg

IMG_0728.jpg

13lb coho

Great photo's darinb!! Starting him early is all good[8D].

My son/firstmate Jake's first tyee is my favourite of the year for sure! (I hope other parents notice his shirt as fishing makes them appreciate life;))

IMG_0643.jpg

Next would have to be my buddy Dale on his first trip of the year. I love fish on shots and his smile say's it all for WCVI fishing:D.

Picture005.jpg

"I'm not talkin bout pleasure boatin or day sailin......I'm talkin bout workin for a livin"- Captain Quint

My oldest girl with a 25. Not many 16 year old girls will go fishing with the old man, this gal's a keeper. And not a bad fisher either. *proud dad*

IMG_4840.jpg

I have to put this one up as it's so weird. I was off Nootka and noticed a big grey thing slowly moving near the surface. Slowed down, putted over to it and it wasn't trying hard to get away, it was just sort of lying there. I recognized it from a pic I saw once - it's an ocean sunfish, and they get to 8' across. I told my 5'3" girlfriend to reach over and grab it. HA! was all she said. So I managed to grab its dorsal fin and went to lift it from the water. Man it was heavy!! so I turned it so the tail fin was sticking out of the water, and grabbed the lower fin (they were both super rigid and tall) and gently lifted it up. That's when the tail fin started flapping me in the face, but I wasn't going to drop it now. Notice how the top fin as a spike on it? yeah that things stratching my wrist - but I've almost got it up. Just the mouth is in the water now, and it starts squirting water out its gill (which is just a hole), and that gets me in the face too. (GF is laughing her butt off at me at this point), but I get it up for a few pics, then put it back in the water and watch it take off (much quicker now!).

Weird story, I know. I've got two more pics she took of me grabbing it and lifting it here if you want to see more: http://s853.photobucket.com/albums/ab98/seamanben/Boating/
sunfish.jpg
[/img]

Cool situation and pics!
The "horse ****" in your album was cute also;)

A liar will assume you are lying

Here's one of my favorite 'fishin buddy' showing off a fine pair.
She's good around the house too!

I wish...
fishinbuddy.jpg
[/img]

"Some could care less if there's any fish left for our kids!"

an aft shot would be nice too! tits up sorry i mean tips up[}:)]Sammy

couple from this year and last year didnt take to many pics this year just seemed like i was i to much of a rush leaving more worried about packing tuke, sunglasses , rubber gloves than camera- this is fishing bamfield springs /hali and some springs off french creek/white cooler /boat pic with Sully my 3 year old

IMG_1249.jpg
[/p]
1294.jpg
[/p]
P5170374.jpg
[/p]
P5300393.jpg
[/p]
P5300395.jpg

lordofthesprings

quote:Originally posted by holmes

nice ones IFL....[8D]holmes*

x2!!! [8D] [8D]

ANd great shots right through the thread as well! ;) [8D]

Have you hugged a Gorby today??? ;P

Nice to see the kids out on the boats...

Here is an older kid playing with the locals!!! :D
yaker.jpg

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

How much can that crane lift?

ling.jpg

I was in Alaska this past July when I ran into Mr. Ugly Fish. I caught two but this one was slightly bigger.

Remember, it's called "fishing," not "catching."

Back