Do You Garage Store Your Boat?

It used to be but then bought a big butt trailer so made a lil cut out on door and now it sticks out thru door ..sometimes you have to improvise LOL

My baby is always kept warm and dry year round.

50035859357_87520ef4e8_c.jpg

50035859527_63dd4beb75_c.jpg

I have a free-standing metal shelter that covers 20'x23', 12' high at the peak -- my 23' boat sits mostly under shelter. Parking is on the side of a corner lot in Victoria.

Spring cleanup is more like dusting, where I used to spend a day getting green algae off the deck and canvas, and digging moss out of the window tracks. The boat has tons of air circulation, I can leave the windows cracked, and I have room beside the boat for my truck or other vehicles.

The 23' maxes out the available length, otherwise I'd be looking for a 26 like Rob's!

Attachments

• upload_2020-6-22_21-17-35.png
    upload_2020-6-22_21-17-35.png
    16.3 KB · Views: 31
Can’t back up??

Sorry couldn’t resist.

Great looking boat.

Oly

I could back up but why would you want to if you don’t need to :)

With the boat and truck it’s 59.5’ long, the complex has about 50’ between buildings.

It just makes it easier when you can pull in disconnect and drive the truck out.

Thanks she’s a little bit older but well maintained.

Last edited:
I could back up but why would you want to if you don’t need to :)

With the boat and truck it’s 59.5’ long, the complex has about 50’ between buildings.

It just makes it easier when you can pull in disconnect and drive the truck out.

Thanks she’s a little bit older but well maintained.
Compound not complex. Way cooler :cool:

Trev that is an awesome garage setup , and a pretty nice looking boat , mine is more of a garage for poor people , simple but effective

Trev that is an awesome garage setup , and a pretty nice looking boat , mine is more of a garage for poor people , simple but effective

Hey Staying Alive,

Your shelter is awesome, and you have it at home!

I simply lucked out and was able to buy that place at a good time.

The down side is that it’s 10min across the boarder. Normally not an issue but then this corona thing happened.

It’s aluminum curtainwall framing ,I’m a glazier by trade and got a good deal on some leftovers from work.
Got the cross braces off craigslist and the HD Industrial tarps from Midland liquidators
And a heck of a lot of fabrication
It’s a good place to hide extra junk as well ,lots of room inside

Stizzmaestro: I slapped some 2x4 together along with some heavy duty tarps from Home depot. Cost me a couple hundred bucks or so and it keeps the weather off. Youre welcome to come have a look

Back