Do You Garage Store Your Boat?

Stizzla

Crew Member
If the answer is yes, please tell me about what the space is like and door sizes etc. Bonus points for pics.
If you don’t want to show everyone please pm me.

Thanks!

Stizz

you cant garage store anything above 14 ft.
the trailer is about 6-7 feet bigger and wider by about 6-8 inches. so any substantial boat is not going to fit. just drop a canvas cover on top of the boat, block it in with vehicles or road construction barriers and call it a day.

I have a two boats in mine. One is 16'7" with about 4' of tongue. The motor just about touches the deepfreeze. I'll measure when I get home from first kokanee trip of the year tomorrow.

See if I can find one with jet boat and drift boat stand by

Attachments

• 0D8B5737-2F99-4090-8DEA-CC38D4386534.png
    0D8B5737-2F99-4090-8DEA-CC38D4386534.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 126
Respectfully disagree with above.

currently have a 30x40’ garage with 12’ doors.

building a 30x48’ with 14’ doors.

my boat has always been garage stored. View attachment 53985

thats a boat shed not a "garage". if youre one of those people with a garage bigger than a house you can store pretty much anything. you can even fit an A380 airbus in your "garage" if its big enough. or a house.
we are talking about car sized garages here. the ones which can barely fit a SUV and are attached to actual houses.
any decent sized boat has very little chance of fitting in the average 2 car garage even by evicting both of the cars and really trying to squash it in at an angle. which means youre likely to break stuff putting it in.
i removed my first (and last) garage stored boat when its prop put a dent in the garage door. and that was a 10.5 foot inflatable on a 10-14 highliner trailer. which had to be squashed in at an angle across both car spaces.

I have a standard 2 car detached garage and fit my 17’ zodiac RIB inside. straight no angle. Center console just fits under the door (also standard height around 8’). Could fit a car inside as well but have a workbench storage ect instead as we have lots of street parking and tools take priority haha. No swing tongue but that would make life easier. Have to lower the motor so the prop doesn’t come past the end of the pontoons and there is only about 1 inch to spare from the trailer tongue to garage door but it works perfect for me. pm me if you want pics.

I have a standard 2 car detached garage and fit my 17’ zodiac RIB inside. straight no angle. Center console just fits under the door (also standard height around 8’). Could fit a car inside as well but have a workbench storage ect instead as we have lots of street parking and tools take priority haha. No swing tongue but that would make life easier. Have to lower the motor so the prop doesn’t come past the end of the pontoons and there is only about 1 inch to spare from the trailer tongue to garage door but it works perfect for me. pm me if you want pics.
spare room?

thats a boat shed not a "garage". if youre one of those people with a garage bigger than a house you can store pretty much anything. you can even fit an A380 airbus in your "garage" if its big enough. or a house.
we are talking about car sized garages here. the ones which can barely fit a SUV and are attached to actual houses.
any decent sized boat has very little chance of fitting in the average 2 car garage even by evicting both of the cars and really trying to squash it in at an angle. which means youre likely to break stuff putting it in.
i removed my first (and last) garage stored boat when its prop put a dent in the garage door. and that was a 10.5 foot inflatable on a 10-14 highliner trailer. which had to be squashed in at an angle across both car spaces.

goes to show that even though Canadians and Americans speak the same language, we actually don’t!

Down here (only 70 miles from the border) a “shed” is something you store lawn or garden implements. A “shop” is for woodworking or metalworking. A “garage” can be attached or not to a house. It’s where things that drive or are towed on the road are stored!

If @Stizzla was referring to an attached garage to a house, well, I can’t even put my truck in there. :D

goes to show that even though Canadians and Americans speak the same language, we actually don’t!

Down here (only 70 miles from the border) a “shed” is something you store lawn or garden implements. A “shop” is for woodworking or metalworking. A “garage” can be attached or not to a house. It’s where things that drive or are towed on the road are stored!

If @Stizzla was referring to an attached garage to a house, well, I can’t even put my truck in there. :D

Not sure where Zurk lives, but, in Vancouver we speak the same language you guys 110 km south of the border talk. Except for ; “silvers” and “black mouths”.

Your responses aren’t helpful here. There are attached garages and detached garages. Whatever the F you call them it’s clear what I’m interested in doing here and everyone else is giving prime examples.

My buddy is building a shop I believe he went over height so his boat would fit. I think he had to jump through hoops to do it with the alr/rd etc but its all legal and permitted.

IMG_0092.JPG I built a carriage house years ago that I could put my podded 176 de into with the top down. Door I put in was 18x8. Building was 30x30 but had an enclosed stairway to living space upstairs so garage space was most likely 30x25
I have the plans on my work computer if you are interested in seeing them.

View attachment 53998 I built a carriage house years ago that I could put my podded 176 de into with the top down. Door I put in was 18x8. Building was 30x30 but had an enclosed stairway to living space upstairs so garage space was most likely 30x25
I have the plans on my work computer if you are interested in seeing them.

Yeah...thats a pretty great setup!
I have a suite above my 2 car attached garage and unfortunately I can’t have a detached suite in North Saanich. That would be a great setup if I was allowed as I could take over my attached suite space and still get the rental income. Thanks for sharing and the offer of plans

Back