Do You Garage Store Your Boat?

Not sure where Zurk lives, but, in Vancouver we speak the same language you guys 110 km south of the border talk. Except for ; “silvers” and “black mouths”.
I think you meant to say 72.9 miles South of the border. Now everyone is confused.

I can have a detached garage up to 1070’ I believe. Cannot be build with a possibility of residency

View attachment 53998 I built a carriage house years ago that I could put my podded 176 de into with the top down. Door I put in was 18x8. Building was 30x30 but had an enclosed stairway to living space upstairs so garage space was most likely 30x25
I have the plans on my work computer if you are interested in seeing them.
I would love to see the plans for this building. Awesome setup!

Stupid north shore living, I cant wait to leave this place for a decent sized lot and build a kick butt out building with a full lift and a 30' vaulted ceiling.

I have a two boats in mine. One is 16'7" with about 4' of tongue. The motor just about touches the deepfreeze. I'll measure when I get home from first kokanee trip of the year tomorrow.
23' deep, 20 wide. standard double car garage door. There is room for work bench and storage on either side.

If you live in van or Vic....ya your life sucks right now, unless your only fun is walking or taking transit to your local pub. Sell MOVE!

Not a garage but a gaint awning, I think I could fit 2 buses under it. It extends into my back yard but you can't see the boat because of the hedge. Came with the house and doesn't look like buddy got a permit

Last edited:
Not a garage but a gaint awning, I think I could fit 2 bases under it. It extends into my back yard but you can't see the boat because of the hedge. Came with the house and doesn't look like buddy got a permit

I was thinking of adding a nice awning off the garage that I build also, so I can park my truck and cargo trailer under cover for my day to day. Not sure if it counts as square footage or not. Figure it would be easy enough to add after the fact anyways
Thanks!

Not a garage but a gaint awning, I think I could fit 2 bases under it. It extends into my back yard but you can't see the boat because of the hedge. Came with the house and doesn't look like buddy got a permit
Man don't sell that thing short it's a porte cocheres! Giant awning... come on.

I have an oversized single car attached garage. Approx 16' wide by 24' deep. We keep our 16' Arima Sea Explorer inside. Folding tongue on the trailer leaves just enough space for my welding/work bench at the back of the shop.

Keeping a boat in the garage is amazing in my opinion. The downside of course is limited size, but I can work on it year round, its stored out of weather and thievery, and our driveway is already occupied by our small Bigfoot fiberglass camper trailer.

Last edited:
Stizz lots of guys in the city do a standard garage (max 24' deep) then cut a hole out the back after inspection and add a lean-to type structure for more depth. Just put an 8' header in the wall or a girder truss at the back so there's no restructuring. Super easy to account for in the planning stage. Is this for your investment property?

No that one is all planned and budget pretty much wrapped up. Digging this week actually.

I love my house and huge yard, but I feel like a big old shop would be icing on the cake.

Atthis point, I’m leaning towards something like Bryce has. Lots of room for tools a toy or two and a good sized boat.

300810_10150417049266084_2059894627_n.jpg

522054_10150769420191084_703658605_n.jpg

40x30 lil shack with big screen tv and wood stove ...spray insulated spo mice asnd warm many a super bowl party in it

Do you have a fold away trailer tongue Roy, or is the 30’ deep enough even with the tongue?

Back