Do You Garage Store Your Boat?

24' x 32' with 12'high double door. 8' x 16' mezzanine on one side to hold Christmas and a whack of God knows what. 18' tinnie, 12' tinnie and the ATV all in. Tools and freezers etc on the sides.
Still a klutz with photos, sorry.

Oversized my garage instead of a shop. Saved 60k

Love it. We are hoping to build our own new house soon. Can I ask you how much the oversize 3rd Bay added to your costs when building? What are the dimensions on your parking spot and door?

Thanks!

Love it. We are hoping to build our own new house soon. Can I ask you how much the oversize 3rd Bay added to your costs when building? What are the dimensions on your parking spot and door?

Thanks!
The garage cost an extra 16k to oversize it instead of $100k for a separate shop!! The middle bay is 36 ft deep while the left and right bays are 22ft deep. The door is a standard 10ft wide door And 14ft high. Once inside the door the middle bay is 20ft high to allow for shelving in the back bump out that can be accessed while in the boat, for traps, tackle, gear etc. In the fall I’m actually going to build a cross the bump out to make it an actual loft/mezzanine. I have a Grady Gulfstream which is 9’3 Beam and from motors to pulpit is 31ft long. Two improvements for u to learn from me... I would have a set of barn style doors instead of an overhead door and make it a 12ft opening and 18ft high for radar arches etc..much less stress putting boat in. I have heated floors and I put a grate drain out front for washing the boat but I should have put one in the floor as well so whe u put boat in wet it drains quicker.. the heated floors drys it’s fast but would be better to just drain. Also I added numerous plug ins at the height I could access while in the boat for a charging station as well as a built in vac outlet for cleaning up..

The garage cost an extra 16k to oversize it instead of $100k for a separate shop!! The middle bay is 36 ft deep while the left and right bays are 22ft deep. The door is a standard 10ft wide door And 14ft high. Once inside the door the middle bay is 20ft high to allow for shelving in the back bump out that can be accessed while in the boat, for traps, tackle, gear etc. In the fall I’m actually going to build a cross the bump out to make it an actual loft/mezzanine. I have a Grady Gulfstream which is 9’3 Beam and from motors to pulpit is 31ft long. Two improvements for u to learn from me... I would have a set of barn style doors instead of an overhead door and make it a 12ft opening and 18ft high for radar arches etc..much less stress putting boat in. I have heated floors and I put a grate drain out front for washing the boat but I should have put one in the floor as well so whe u put boat in wet it drains quicker.. the heated floors drys it’s fast but would be better to just drain. Also I added numerous plug ins at the height I could access while in the boat for a charging station as well as a built in vac outlet for cleaning up..

Fantastic info, you've given me lots to think about and some great ideas. Plus, the cost is less than I thought it might be which is great.

Here’s the inside room for 3 boats and a bar

Attachments

• BB412FE9-3536-4431-A2C6-EE90E0566C43.png
    BB412FE9-3536-4431-A2C6-EE90E0566C43.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 90
Words of warning- If you put your boat in a regular house garage and your wife gets the spot beside, she will fill it with with plants, bags of dog food, golf paraphernalia, or anything else she doesn't feel like bringing into the house yet.
The house has a 24 x 24 garage she’s taken over.
This one will be daddy’s!

I've always wanted to get an artist to paint a mural of a perfectly organized garage on my garage door. Mine's way worse than yours, Gong Show. Go fishing and get to it during the next pandemic.

After a wind storm. 3/4 & 1” Re bar structure. To much stuff, what’s that back left? Not the Hourston.

Attachments

• 03559F77-45C3-4328-B2C7-03E29A2EE014.png
    03559F77-45C3-4328-B2C7-03E29A2EE014.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 57
Back