Bye Bye Mr Harper!!!

• Thread starter The Fish Assassin
  • Start date
Wow - been away for a few days and the site goes all political. [8D]

Anyway, here is my take on what has happened.

As a member of the Conservative Party of Canada, I have a few friends in "high places". Much of this is from these sources.

The unholy alliance was being put together as a Plan B even before the last election was over. Our guys knew about this, and this is why the economic statement contained the poison pills of stripping out public financing of political parties, and the other items they are complaining about.

It forced the oppositions hand to come out long before they were ready. As a result, they were disorganised (as you no doubt have noticed). Their original plan was to come out sometime in the Spring after the budget was released. Instead, they took Harpers bait and swallowed it whole.

Make no mistake - Harper knew the reaction he would get with the poison pills. It was force them to go now, or wait until the opposition was ready to make their play for government.

DSC_1481.JPG

Here is a photo of me with Mrs. Harper

DSC_0900.JPG

Here I am with former Prime Minister Kim Campbell

DSC_0535.JPG

Here is a photo of Prime Minister Stephan Harper that I took in Vancouver during an announcemet on the envirornment.

Stephan Harper is the best person to lead this country through the next few years, I have no doubt about that.

Also, for you hunters and shooters: I talked with Stockwell Day during the election. The firearms registry would have been dead by now if the Conservatives had won a majority government. Think about that next time you vote. The only thing stopping them from killing the gun registry is the Liberal/NDP opposition.

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com
http://ca.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

quote:Originally posted by The Jackel

Hey Sushi, just wondering with the Mayencourt sign in the background if you are in real "tight" with him also[:p][:0]:D

><))))">

:D :D :D

Yes, but not in the way you mean [:0]

Actually, Lorne is a great guy and would have (will) make a great MP. He is what can be honestly called a "compasionate conservative".

He has started a project up near Prince George where they take in homeless and drug addicts and help them get back on their feet again.

On election night, we had a big crowd in the office with media and various MP's etc. At one point I had stepped outside to get some air and there was this homeless guy trying to get into the office. The security at the door was trying to hand him a bag with some sandwiches in it, and he said "no, I don't need any food - I just want to find out if we won!" That moment really told me what kind of a man Lorne Mayencourt is.

I'll be heading down to Vancouver on the weekend as we are having a wrapup party for the campaign team.

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com

Thats awesome Sushi Hunter...also a card carrying Conservative...love being in Ottawa to see the first hand action as well.

As for Duncan...glad he taped that so that the country found out legimately that the plan was in the works for quite some time!

Thattaaa boy Johnny!!!

www.serengetifishingcharters.com

JP_SH_JC-edited.jpg

This one from last August in Langley A great BBQ!
The tall guy on the right is Dr. James Carson, a good friend of mine and a former National Councilor from the Canadian Alliance days.

I have an autographed copy of this photo which I will post when I get a chance to scan it - but right now, I have to get back to editing my election photos into a music video in time for the party!

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com

Hey Sushi! If you are so close with the leading prominence can't you tell them a thing or two about the things going on under DFO's hands? Take him out fishing and tell him how it could be if the resource was properly managed! At least bring our west coast worries to his attention! That's my Xmas wish to you! PLEASE?

quote:Originally posted by Sushihunter

JP_SH_JC-edited.jpg

This one from last August in Langley A great BBQ!
The tall guy on the right is Dr. James Carson, a good friend of mine and a former National Councilor from the Canadian Alliance days.

I have an autographed copy of this photo which I will post when I get a chance to scan it - but right now, I have to get back to editing my election photos into a music video in time for the party!

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com

Oh my god Sush...put down the pipe and back away from the laptop...your scaring us!

www.coastwidesportsfishing.com

Topic closed till Jan. 26th.

I wish I could take 2 months off with pay just before christmas.

Take only what you need.

quote:Originally posted by chris73

Hey Sushi! If you are so close with the leading prominence can't you tell them a thing or two about the things going on under DFO's hands? Take him out fishing and tell him how it could be if the resource was properly managed! At least bring our west coast worries to his attention! That's my Xmas wish to you! PLEASE?

Trust me - My main goal is to get him and his family out here for a day or two of fishing. After this week, he's going to need a vacation where there are no cell phones :)

David Emerson has expressed a desire to come out fishing though... [8D]

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com

If you guys think you have it bad, I have one word for you Obama, thats what I'm faced with for the next 4 years

So, I've taken some time to read most of the comments on this topic, and it seems earily similar to the political seen in the US, the only thing I don't know about is the media in Canada. Hear in the US, it is totally liberall, you can't believe a word you hear on the evening news. Kinda scary actually, people have been going nuts buying guns and ammo since Obama got elected, the price of ammo has doubled in the last month. Maybe you guys are not aware of this, but Obama is not a US citizen, he can not produce a birth certificat, yet its never mentioned. aaahhhh drives me nuts just to talk about it.

Whoop...just found out that Duncan is a front bencher...right beside all the cabinet ministers...although he didn't get a position whenever someone is given a front row seat in the House of Commons they do have a bit of political weight...plus Harper must be loving him for taping the Layton call...thattaaaa boy Johnny!!

Am off to the anti-coalition rally at Parliament tomorrow...only 6hrs from now...$#!t...better get some sleep!

www.serengetifishingcharters.com

Yea,Richmake, he was great, if you like global economic meltdowns, :(but Obama's not the answere

"So, I've taken some time to read most of the comments on this topic, and it seems earily similar to the political seen in the US, the only thing I don't know about is the media in Canada. Hear in the US, it is totally liberall, you can't believe a word you hear on the evening news. Kinda scary actually, people have been going nuts buying guns and ammo since Obama got elected, the price of ammo has doubled in the last month. Maybe you guys are not aware of this, but Obama is not a US citizen, he can not produce a birth certificat, yet its never mentioned. aaahhhh drives me nuts just to talk about it."

Judging from the semi-coherent and less than literate post above I can easily make the assumption that you were "nuts" long before Obama was elected President.
And I suppose you believe everything you hear and see on Fox News over what you see and hear on the "evening news" too.
Most of your ilk do, being incapable of rational thought themselves.
He (Obama) isn't even in power yet and all the neo-cons and others on the far right are blaming him for practically everything already.
Oh, and where did the price of ammo and guns double in the past month?
In your mind maybe?

Stick to fishing for steelhead and keep your stupid thoughts to yourself, or at least take them elsewhere.
Too many more thoughtful posters here for your crap to pass unnoticed.

Take care.

Didn't take long for this thread to denigrate into name dropping and Obama bashing.
Now that MR. Duncan has shown his true colors as being ...oh I don't know...sneaky..disgraceful..immoral...possibly even guilty of an illegal activity,,,
I say we fire each and every one of them....from all four parties... and start again with people whom are there for the right reasons....
TO SERVE THE PUBLIC
not their own shallow egos and power pushing agendas...
Every taxpaying person who took the time to vote in the last election should disgusted with this crap.

boc

Back