2013 Tuna adventures

Sooo,will be in Tofino for Thanksgiving. Bouyweather says flat for sat,sun.
Bouyweather Temp shots are not great...is it worth dragging the boat over?
Anybody have better temp shots from other sites they could share?To far off?

Any fish still out there?

Thanks

I think it's done. Unless you want to travel far out to "try". It's a tough call Chris. I would try PM'ing birdie.

It has been an extremely stressful (boat issues) but fun season for me. We managed to get out 3 times here locally and 1 time down South. I have enough tuna for family and some friends but the most important part about all the trips was meeting other tuna addicts. I met so many great people this year. I stuck to my motto for the year of quality trips vs quantity of trips and it sure worked out that way. The knowledge and friendships gained are priceless:cool:.

I am pretty stoked to see so many folks getting out there for their first time this year. I think a lot of them went about it the right way and everyone stayed pretty safe. It's too bad the weather didn't co-operate as much as it did last year but that's fishing. For anyone thinking of giving it a go next year, my advice is to start planning NOW lol :D. I'm going to be talking with the tough crew over the winter to try to help out some more for next years shoot out. If anyone else wants to help out give Osama or Kelly a pm and offer up or ask :). Their going to need it as I think they created a monster :p!!!

I probably won't be doing any trips down south this year due to buying a new motor so to all the lucky folks heading for the sunshine this winter.......good luck and happy angling. I hope you hook into some nice fish and don't be shy about posting up your trips :).

Cheers,
Sculpin

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh well,not interested in the 80-100 mile prospect fish!
settle with some hallys I guess.

Thanks Harper

Nothing wrong with getting out for some hali's Chris. It's nice that we can still fish for them. Good luck and happy thanks giving :). Hope you have a good time.

I'll be in Tofino as well over the weekend.

Cheers,
John

One boat went out of Bamfield last Thursday. The Beach Glass, got two 25 pounders at about 65 miles in 57 degree water. Reported seeing quite a few jumpers but couldn't get them to bite.
I think I'll wait for next year.

Very good read,Derby. Pertains to many types of game fish as well,so great information for us lowly salmon guys,lol!
I found the color charts that show the spectrum that many fish see very interesting.

Ken... funny you saying about thinking about tuna all the time.... It kinda get in your blood once you do it a couple times..raises the old bar on fish and fishing..eh :)

Did the tour of Tackle booking shows this fall and man got to say there is a real buzz about this fishery & I'd be thinking if the fish are in close again next fall there will a a fleet of sporties out there.... :)

Good read Derek spent soccer practice reading the article and it had me itching, can't wait till next year damn it! Missed my kids whole practice. I think I may have a problem. Thanks for info.

These little beauties can help with that longing-look @ that shine!

http://www.legendlures.com/collections/dawn-patrol-metal-lures

IMG_8511_e6f875cc-8cd3-4cf5-892b-8a5bd04e30e9_grande.JPG

38specialmylarcleanedit_grande.jpeg

IMG_7546_grande.jpeg

IMG_8519_grande.jpg

Thanks for the reading material Derby. I'll be needing where I'm spending the night tomorrow lol. Apparently I should be bringing my steelhead rod which I won't have time for. I do have a rifle in the truck though and a tag for a muley :).

Last edited by a moderator:
Good read Derek spent soccer practice reading the article and it had me itching, can't wait till next year damn it! Missed my kids whole practice. I think I may have a problem. Thanks for info.

yaa I know ..it's a new addiction.... Personal really looking forward to next season...

Back