WTB $300 000 Boat for $100 000. Serious offers only please.

@ab1752 I see you are on the Big Island and I see you mention Pelagic gear. My buddy Kevin Hibbard owns the Pelagic store there on the main drag in Kona. They are having some good sales right now. Check it out. He's also a great captain if you feel the itch to go searching for a Blue Marlin while you're there. Let me know if you plan to do a day fishing I can send you his cell #.

This is exactly what makes this board my favorite spot online I greatly appreciate the thought, BCI My brother in law arrives today and if he's game I will certainly touch base. We are looking at real estate down here after the past 10 years of Christmas holidays in Waikoloa, spending 4 months a year down this way sounds very interesting to me. Maybe the skipper is hiring a deckhand! Cheets and many thanks again for thinking of us. (Edited for my really poor effort at typing on this stupid s9)

Last edited:
This is exactly what makes this board my favorite spot online I greatly appreciate the thought, BCI My brother in law arrives today and if he's game I will certainly touch base. We are looking at real estate down here after the past 10 years of Christmas holidays in Waikoloa, spending 4 months a year down this way sounds very interesting to me. Maybe the skipper is hiring a deckhand! Cheets and many thanks again for thinking of us. (Edited for my really poor effort at typing on this stupid s9)
The way the American stock market is crashing there may be some good real estate deals coming soon. :) although our dollar sucks :(

Don’t need the rain gear now he’s got a nice warm cabin to sit in. Lol Maybe a nice flat screen to watch the game thou

If you need any feedback on the local Big Island real estate give Ryan 'Big Fish' Ohalloran a call. He's a deadly wire guy for the cockpit and has travelled the world (Australia, Costa Rica, Hawaii, Azores, etc) chasing big fish before settling down to a life of real estaste on the big island.

Profile: https://www.luvarealestate.com/agents/ryan-ohalloran/
Marlin Magazine mention: https://www.marlinmag.com/species/conservation/taking-billfish-kona
Video of Ryan working with Chip van Mols on the Monkey Biz II;

Good people. Nice to keep the business in the community, and you can talk fishing and real estate at the same time. Seasonality for prime fishing time, prime tourist time, etc.

Last edited:
Awesome vid and thanks for the tip. Our plan is to seriously scout neighborhoods and developments but not specific properties. We want to be absolutely certain of the surrounding area as opposed to buying into a property without really liking the surrounding area. Once we have that narrowed down then we plan to contact a local agent with vetted guidelines other than numbers on a page. Soon as some potential candidate properties are available then either of us will fly back for a very serious look

There is a lot to choose from and I don't want to rush into it. Plus it gives me time to spin up a u.s. holdco etc.

Back onto rc's victory lap, looking forward to seeing blood on the decks!

Thanks it's from the school of hard knocks for sure.

On flooring I have a quote now on ultradeck flooring and it is half or more less than flexitek... going to dig into this when I'm back for sure. Plus it is a bc product too...

Awesome vid and thanks for the tip. Our plan is to seriously scout neighborhoods and developments but not specific properties. We want to be absolutely certain of the surrounding area as opposed to buying into a property without really liking the surrounding area. Once we have that narrowed down then we plan to contact a local agent with vetted guidelines other than numbers on a page. Soon as some potential candidate properties are available then either of us will fly back for a very serious look

There is a lot to choose from and I don't want to rush into it. Plus it gives me time to spin up a u.s. holdco etc.

Back onto rc's victory lap, looking forward to seeing blood on the decks!
You should start a thread on it and get everyone else to find one for you.

Today is Jan 7 and it’s gorgeous out there. :cool:
Any pics from the new toy in her new slip?

Yeah come one, I need something to perk me up on this blah of a Monday! Did this thing move or what? Heck of a nice day with a bit of wind in the Straits to test her sea keeping capabilities out.

Yo!!! I MADE IT! She's a champ. Got her docked and tied up. Can't wait to figure everything out.
IMG-20190107-WA0015.jpg IMG-20190107-WA0025.jpg IMG-20190107-WA0013.jpg IMG-20190107-WA0010.jpg IMG-20190107-WA0022.jpg
Also met @Chasin' Dreams this morning while we were dropping the car off at Burrard. Nice guy, younger than I thought he was lol. Thanks for taking interest in this guys. I've felt like I had a great team behind me the whole way. Watch for the fried chicken lunch thread. And last screw you all for not voting for this, what must be, a record breaking thread lol.

Yeah whatever, shes ok if you like super awesome BC built boats! Right on and congrats man. By the way I'm pretty certain the dude who sold that boat to you sold my Dad a SunRunner new in 1981 out of the Boat Centre in Horseshoe Bay. Wondered what happened to Morley...when are you gonna get blood on the boat? This Friday looks fishy and I'm heading out if I don't head up to Whistler. Cheers!

Yo!!! I MADE IT! She's a champ. Got her docked and tied up. Can't wait to figure everything out.
View attachment 42321 View attachment 42322 View attachment 42323 View attachment 42324 View attachment 42325
Also met @Chasin' Dreams this morning while we were dropping the car off at Burrard. Nice guy, younger than I thought he was lol. Thanks for taking interest in this guys. I've felt like I had a great team behind me the whole way. Watch for the fried chicken lunch thread. And last screw you all for not voting for this, what must be, a record breaking thread lol.
Love the name. “Fat Mermaid”

Yeah whatever, shes ok if you like super awesome BC built boats! Right on and congrats man. By the way I'm pretty certain the dude who sold that boat to you sold my Dad a SunRunner new in 1981 out of the Boat Centre in Horseshoe Bay. Wondered what happened to Morley...when are you gonna get blood on the boat? This Friday looks fishy and I'm heading out if I don't head up to Whistler. Cheers!
The wife is eager to get out. Friday is looking pretty good. Can't wait.

Back