WTB $300 000 Boat for $100 000. Serious offers only please.

Wow that's a sweet rig...the pic with of the Garmin reminds me that I have lots to learn on my garmin 7608xsv, I feel shame.

I liked the one that the broker showed me but they're really just overnighters. Great for fishing Im sure but wouldn't want to make more than a pot of coffee inside.
Looked at one before we bought our 30. No comparison. Fishing machine but definitely not a family cruiser.

Let us know how that 92 Commander 30 looks when you see it.
Morely flaked on me twice this week. Shooting for tomorrow again. I don't blame him the weather's been *****

27 orcas are pretty large boat, wonder what’s wrong with the one posted at thunderbird, low hours

27 orcas are pretty large boat, wonder what’s wrong with the one posted at thunderbird, low hours
I felt that for such a big boat it didn't feel that spacious. I think the beam is only 9.5'. I think.

I felt that for such a big boat it didn't feel that spacious. I think the beam is only 9.5'. I think.

Ya fair enough, I ve never really been inside one. I’ve looked at the one at our marina right when you pull through the gates. Looks like a pretty big boat, but yes looks like massive rear deck and maybe not such a luxurious cabin inside

I may eventually want something a bit bigger myself, but I will want to be able to still trailer it easily. For you where your fully staying moorage I think a commander 30 will be perfect for many years to come

I wonder the same. The way it appears in the pics, it isn't presented well at all for sale so perhaps it is an estate sale? I think the pilot house makes it seem larger with the bigger presence but agree it could be cramped for extended family cruising.

All the Skagit Orca's are only 8ft.6" beam making them easy to trailer without a permit but no comparison size wise to the "Commander".At that price with a D6 w/660 Hrs. it still looks like a deal,not knowing what else needs work.They are an extremely well built boat.

I would think the drive and engine are worth $30k to $40K alone. Trailer $5k?
Don't know why people don't clean their stuff up before selling it. Get rid of the junk and give it a nice wash and wax and list for $65K.

Welp. We went and looked at the 30. The wife just isn't feeling it. In her opinion if we're spending 100k or more she wants something that looks like 100k or more. Yes I've explained that isn't that much in the boat world. She also says that she now realizes that having outside lounge seating (built in) is important to her. News to me but she no longer feels like she wants a living room on the water. She'd rather have enough room inside to sleep 4 comfortably but doesn't feel like we need as much room as the commander has. Another thing is she can't stand the command bridge. Especially on this one because it had the brow/apron thing off the back door and the full canvas enclosure up top which she said makes it feel top heavy and more closed in at the back. I'm trying to take this as a positive thing because I can now focus more on performance and don't need to worry as much about amenities... I hope. She's reminded me that it was the layout of the Merry Fisher that got us into this style boat and the Cutwater that really sold it. So here I am back at square one. Last she's now also put her foot down on the 100k max budget.

For better or worse...

The new checklist:

- built in "lounge" seating on deck (no folding deck chairs)
- table option on deck (collapsible is fine)
- must sleep 4 plus have storage (drop down dinette is fine)
- head with shower
- no longer cares about the level platform inside and out
- doesn't need a big kitchen. She's feeling nostalgic about the "struggle" of outside cooking. I'm cool with that.
- I'd like a fishable deck but it doesn't need to be 60 sq ft. Something with a larger beam but short platform is fine for me.
- NO CANVAS
- not a must but something with easy-ish bow access would be nice. Titties and Fireworks and such.
- 28'-30' (32' LOA max)

My guess is that in a couple years she'll be thinking back to the Commander she didn't want.

Back