WTB $300 000 Boat for $100 000. Serious offers only please.

Wow. We call that gettin your show run. LOL. Typical thread on this site.
I don't get it. I've appreciated all the help I've gotten so far. I've gone to look at 6 boats so far and spent real money and time on this. This isn't a joke. I love this site (maybe I had too many beers at the Canucks game but still). I'd love to know what the saying means.

Wild Goose Chase
wīld ˈɡo͞os ˌCHās,ˌwīl(d)ˈɡo͞os ˌCHās

Noun;

A Foolish or hopeless pursuit of something unattainable. o_O

I think we’ve been here before RC.
Come on guys. Nobody is being forced to help. If this doesn't interest you than don't read it. I don't have a lot of boating friends and rely on you guys heavily. For better or worse. I think the popularity of the thread speaks to how many guys struggle with "perfect boat" syndrome.

You’re on the right track RC. It’s not a decision you want to rush. You’ll find that perfect boat and you’ll eat some fine chicken in it.
I guess for some people dropping a hundy g’s is like buying a magazine at the grocery store for us.
Stay calm and keep boat shopping on!

Wild Goose Chase
wīld ˈɡo͞os ˌCHās,ˌwīl(d)ˈɡo͞os ˌCHās

Noun;

A Foolish or hopeless pursuit of something unattainable. o_O

I think we’ve been here before RC.

As was noted by the OP, how about we just don't comment if all we are doing is taking a cheap shot at someone. Posts like this have no value and generally cause a fight that just isn't necessary. Granny's edict of "if you ain't got nothin good to say, don't say nothin at all" really applies here.

I think this thread has provided lots of value and will continue to deliver. Like stizzla said it's a long game and boy is it easy to spend someone else's money. So keep drinking those canuck beers, frying that chicken and before you know it the right $100k boat will be at your door. What about one of those 29' pursuits? One with diesels has been for sale for some time locally in coal harbor, its tied up next to carderos. Let me dig up the ad...

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/bod/d/28-pursuit-denali-with-diesel/6726132641.html

Probably not big enough but easy to view...

Last edited:
So kind of wants a boat like the one you already have??? Sorry I'm a Commander 30 guy so feel a bit offended lol
Yeah, it was more like "I don't like ours but I'd rather keep it instead of dropping another 70k on something I'm not in love with"
This is why I just bought the hourston and endured with the squawking for a week or so. It was a gamble but after 3 years its finally clear. Do not try this at hone, kids.

I really like the older amberjacks but I think it would be a pain in the butt to fish out of.

What about an older tiara 36 open?
The Tiaras seem to be a great option... now :rolleyes:

Sadly I think you've hit the nail on the head there.
https://www.boats.com/power-boats/2008-bayliner-discovery-288-6893154/?refSource=standard listing

With caviare taste and a kd budget your looking at another bayliner. Ticks the boxes, and we can do the chicken fry at my shop!
We're still frying chicken at some point here.
Looks like you might have to go to my 3 boat approach again! lol
If it was only my choice I'd be all over it lol.

I think I tiara style rig might be the right fit. Pretty stylish, good for entertaining guests lots of accommodations down below. Really nice fishing platform to fish from. Lots more inventory to search through.

If you go look at the tiaras take a small ballpeen hammer and knock these the hull around through hulls, same as any boat. There is lots and lots of chatter on pascoe's site and hull thruth about the factory doing a ***** job sealing these up.

Maybe I missed it but how far do you plan on cruising? If you're going to stay in the lower Straits then you can for sure pick one up with gas power and save a ton of cash over diesels...either way, great rigs. I am going down to LGM today and am going to poke around that Tiara in the yard. Check this one, a 3500 open: https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2001/tiara-3500-open-3230896/?refSource=browse listing

Back