WOW

Weighed 116 lbs. and 121 lbs. according to info from original newspaper article.

Similar to a couple I've lost in the Tyee Pool I think.

Take care.

It would almost be frightening to see one of those hogs beside the boat.
( not that it would happen)
Most landing nets would collapse under the weight.

My guess would be the were commercially caught

I don't have the picture, but my buddy has a picture of his grandfather and uncle stranding beside a similar size fish caught in Cowichan Bay around the same time. They lived half a mile or more from the bay. His Grandfather used to tell him "you knew it was time to go fishing when you could hear them jumping in the bay". Another old time friend of my wife's parents who lived on the water in Cherry Point, used to say that the fish were so loud you couldn't sleep. It must have been something to see back then.

I don't have the picture, but my buddy has a picture of his grandfather and uncle stranding beside a similar size fish caught in Cowichan Bay around the same time. They lived half a mile or more from the bay. His Grandfather used to tell him "you knew it was time to go fishing when you could hear them jumping in the bay". Another old time friend of my wife's parents who lived on the water in Cherry Point, used to say that the fish were so loud you couldn't sleep. It must have been something to see back then.
That's really depressing actually

So they could tamper with photos back then too.

Look at the posture of those guys no effort at all. One handed. Nah, they were big but that is a "fish tale"

Big fish no doubt but not THAT big.

Out of interest, I just did a Google earth satellite view tour down the Columbia watershed. Those 50's dams sure killed MOST of that system. It's possible that anadromous species at one time got right up into Kinbasket Country. That probably explains those much needed fat reserves of huge salmon. Now the Okanagan River appears to be the highest tributary they reach.

Back