Winter Reports Sooke and Victoria 2008/2009

Hey LC,
Just got a call summer spots were hot today apparently. The report was 15 fish between 8 -15 pounds and one 25 pound halibut that was released. Hootchies caught more than bait.
Just passing on info.Thanks for the reply. I'll post numbers tomorrow.
Cheers Codfish

DY

Pretty much everyone limited out around sooke, including myself.

Tips was trying to limit on Seals as well [:eek:)]
Fish were all over, mine were from 6-8lbs. Released far too many little ones and a few small Coho as well.

Friken seals!
Fed the first 2 fish to them.
Nice to meet you today Poe.
Fishing was good once we found them. 4 in the boat 1 released and 2 to seals.

Tips

Howdy,

How has the 'Fog' been out there you guys.
Does a guy need radar this time of year or what?

Sounds like some decent winter-fishing is upon us.

Thanks,
Terry

quote:Originally posted by Little Hawk

Howdy,

How has the 'Fog' been out there you guys.
Does a guy need radar this time of year or what?

Sounds like some decent winter-fishing is upon us.

Thanks,
Terry

Off of Victoria, I don't think I would bother. My reason for that, is, that the only traffic that you would have to worry about would be crossing the shipping lanes on your way to Constance. Once at Constance, if you are in less then 200ft of water on the north side, you are out of the shipping lanes. The lanes should be marked clearly on any current nav chip for your plotter, which you would need to find Constance anyway.

There is traffic out of the innter harbour, with the CLipper and Coho, but there is so much clutter there with boats, Broachie Lighthouse and whatnot that it's unlikeley one would be able to focus on the radar and fish effectivly without getting "nerved out", for lack of better words. When foggy, stick to Clover/Constance, go slow, or just stay in that day. I only use my Radar when fishing the shipping lanes on the South Side of Swiftsure.

Last Chance Fishing Adventures

www.lastchancefishingadventures.com
www.swiftsurebank.com

Out today solo around noon for couple of hours.
Couple of fish in, 10 and 4lbers both on betsy and glow rubber.

Nice day out of Sooke saw about a dozen boats out there.
Almost felt like summer....aaahhhhhh:D
cheers

JUST FISHEN'

Was out Becher Bay Today 11-3:30 2 bites, seemed l;ike i was the only one not hitting multiple fish! Saw dozens caught in the time i was out!

Heard that spoons are producing more then rubber these past few days, blue and chrome Coyote 4"

-Steve

quote:Originally posted by fishflyguy89

Was out Becher Bay Today 11-3:30 2 bites, seemed l;ike i was the only one not hitting multiple fish! Saw dozens caught in the time i was out!

Heard that spoons are producing more then rubber these past few days, blue and chrome Coyote 4"

-Steve

Your weren't the only one not getting multiple fish:(
you got 1 more bite than me...but it was nice to get out.
I talked to a few people at Cheanuh and they didn't get much action either...by the sounds of it thurs, friday and sat were on fire. It figures the days I am busy are the good days.
But a bad day fishing is a heck of alot better than a good day working:)

Lost a real good fish this afternoon, had the feel of a heavy summer
fish :( You just know it was a good one when the hootchy was driven
right up to the flasher.
released a small one, and put a 9 lb'er in the tub.
Overall it was slower today than yesterday...

Anybody tried a hootchy called "El-nino" ???
the springs seemed to like that flavor today [8D]

Hi,

Had no luck today as well because we were too unsure we should go out in the fog. I suggested we try around Victoria harbour just to be safe. No fish but a pleasure to be fishing in late November.

Ya stripperjack, i saw you drive by me, and chat on the radio to tailout. there were 6 boats with multiple fish there, and one Boat had 6.

Craven, i also had a good one on tuesday afternoon, it felt super heavy ran and dident let up till my leader broke right at the hootchie :(

-Steve

Fished Constance today, my partner pulled in our two fish. Nice 6 - 8 lbs. Very foggy the whole day untill shortly after 12:00. On the way out we stopped just shy of the shipping zone, listened for freighters then started up again. Great day on the water.

fog,smog...
5 hours fishing,15 caught,released all 12 exept the 17lbs. going in the smoker. Like shooting fish in a barrel. :D
Of course,being a damn good fisherman helps. YAWN..;)

quote:Originally posted by tidehunter

fog,smog...
5 hours fishing,15 caught,released all 12 exept the 17lbs. going in the smoker. Like shooting fish in a barrel. :D
Of course,being a damn good fisherman helps. YAWN..;)

are you related to BC driven or the trailers ?

Fished Conny today, started out slow but heated up around 11:30. Most fish were around 6-8# on spoons with dummy flashers. Looked like some guys were doing well with plastic as well. Managed a 25# hali just for fun, great day nice and mild for Nov-Dec..

Tournament Proven !

Went out of Cheanuh on Sunday put the gear down right outside of the marina and trolled near the bottom caught lots of cod so I must have been deep enough. Shortened my leaders to 2 feet with a glow hootchie and picked up my first winter spring. 10 pounds of fighting fury .... 3 long runs later he was in the boat. On the way back we checked our crab traps... not a lot but we did get a couple. Fresh Salmon with a lemon dill sauce and some fresh crab to go with it..... perfect!!! So I will be go out again and hope for some more of those winter springs.... good fighting and good tasting.... Steve.

Back