where's beak,,, Need Rupert report

R

rainbow one

Has anyone heard from beak lately? I thought he was going to Rupert. I will be going in a few days. Wanting to get a report from him or anyone else that has been lately.
RO

Beak and the boys are back and they did quite well.. Caught Salmon to 30 pounds. Beak and his brothers nailed quite a few halis also... I will give beak a call and see if he will post somemore details...

Haven't been as far as Rupert this year but planning on going to the mouth of the work channel either from Rupert or using the work channel road. Was talking to someone that had been to Rupert last weekend and they did good around Eddy Pass both salmon and halibut. Sallmon high 20's and halibut around 70.

Sorry I didnt post earlier rainbow.Fishing was good damn near limits on the springs.However did limit on the total salmon per person thanks to some good sized chums that happened to be in the area.Halis were everywhere limits within an hour or two.Biggest salmon 32 lbs biggest hali although we didnt weight it was around 35-40lbs.If your just heading up now Rainbow you should hit em just right. I've been keeping in touch with the lodge there and they've been bringing in some nice fish.Seems the salmon are a touch late up there according to the guides working the area,but it is picking up.

quote:Originally posted by beak

Sorry I didnt post earlier rainbow.Fishing was good damn near limits on the springs.However did limit on the total salmon per person thanks to some good sized chums that happened to be in the area.Halis were everywhere limits within an hour or two.Biggest salmon 32 lbs biggest hali although we didnt weight it was around 35-40lbs.If your just heading up now Rainbow you should hit em just right. I've been keeping in touch with the lodge there and they've been bringing in some nice fish.Seems the salmon are a touch late up there according to the guides working the area,but it is picking up.

Right on beak,way to go, sounds like you had way to much fun! Thanks for the update. Where did you fish for the salmon. I heard that humpback bay is doing well. Did you get up to Dundas? I am leaving on friday and should be fishing by sunday. I can't wait!!
RO
quote:Originally posted by rainbow one

We fished a bit around Dundas thats where we caught the bigger halis.Most of the salmon fishing was done in the portland canal and the mouth of the work.Dundas should be hot though when you get there.The lodge was running a lot of cut baits. However we ran all anchovy setups the glow green Rhys with a green flasher or the cop car flasher was out producing the cut baits by 3 to 1 . Most of the fish were caught between 48 and 60 ft. We were running about 20-30ft off the downriggers with a 7-8ft leader.Also thought I'd mention if your driving out through Terrace make sure you stop at Fishtales tackle for your bait.They had some of the nicest chovies I've had in a while.

Thanks for the info.Did the bugs drive you out of the Dundas area?LoL Don't have a cop car flasher but I will have one soon. I will be back on the 15th so I will let you know how we do.

Thanks,RO

We fished a bit around Dundas thats where we caught the bigger halis.Most of the salmon fishing was done in the portland canal and the mouth of the work.Dundas should be hot though when you get there.The lodge was running a lot of cut baits. However we ran all anchovy setups the glow green Rhys with a green flasher or the cop car flasher was out producing the cut baits by 3 to 1 . Most of the fish were caught between 48 and 60 ft. We were running about 20-30ft off the downriggers with a 7-8ft leader.Also thought I'd mention if your driving out through Terrace make sure you stop at Fishtales tackle for your bait.They had some of the nicest chovies I've had in a while.

Ya the bugs weren't to bad yet we were there right at the beginning of June so they werent to bad.However the river washing our road out was our biggest problem. Not sure of the green flashers name but it is the one with the green stripe down the one side.I'll get some pics out soon.

Back