The Staircase....Calvert Island

Sharphooks

I spent lots of time last summer walking around on various islands up in Central Coast taking pictures--- main reason--- just to get off the boat and try something else

I got lots of pictures of what's called tafone rock formations ---severe weathering of sedimentary rocks by salt/wind/rain etc. I also got some pictures of the infamous "Staircase" on Odlum Island in Hakkai.

So I've been doing lots of drawing lately---that's how I tried to stay sane going through the pandemic.....

i just finished this drawing yesterday and I thought I'd share

Reference picture for The Staircase:

S IMG_0899.jpeg

Reference photo for the tafone rock formations:

IMG_0563.jpeg

Here's the drawing:

IMG_1826.jpegI

I spent lots of time last summer walking around on various islands up in Central Coast taking pictures--- main reason--- just to get off the boat and try something else

I got lots of pictures of what's called tafone rock formations ---severe weathering of sedimentary rocks by salt/wind/rain etc. I also got some pictures of the infamous "Staircase" on Odlum Island in Hakkai.

So I've been doing lots of drawing lately---that's how I tried to stay sane going through the pandemic.....

S View attachment 102977

View attachment 102978

Here's the drawing:

View attachment 102979I
I know the spot well, my grandfathers ashes were spread there. It was one of his favourite spots.

MM

S View attachment 102977

View attachment 102978

Here's the drawing:

View attachment 102979I
I knew I should have micro dosed today.

Awesome drawing. Found a bunch of tafone on SSI, didn’t know that’s what it’s called.

Attachments

• IMG_6090.jpeg
    IMG_6090.jpeg
    822.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_6088.jpeg
    IMG_6088.jpeg
    547.4 KB · Views: 48
Thanks for the comments, Gents.

I didn't know what those rocks were called until I showed my bro' the pix and he said...oh yeah....that's tafoni....I guess tafone is the singular rock itself and tafoni is the plural.

Meanwhile, after seeing that possible marine conservation areas the FN are trying to push through in Central Coast, I got to thinking that if I'm going to keep boating In the next few years, taking pictures of rocks might be the only thing left for me to do up there

Thanks for the comments, Gents.

I didn't know what those rocks were called until I showed my bro' the pix and he said...oh yeah....that's tafoni....I guess tafone is the singular rock itself and tafoni is the plural.

Meanwhile, after seeing that possible marine conservation areas the FN are trying to push through in Central Coast, I got to thinking that if I'm going to keep boating In the next few years, taking pictures of rocks might be the only thing left for me to do up there
you are an artist! wow , nice drawings. --

or you will be purchasing a fishing license from FN

Back