Where to stay near Hornby?

Rain City

Crew Member
Hey guys, the wife and I were hoping to book a night or two moorage somewhere near Hornby. Anyone know somewhere you can book in advance? We might bring friends along and ideally they would have either a camping spot or hotel. We do plan on anchoring at Tribune for a couple nights if weather permits. With the wife and kid aboard it's nice to have a set plan for the first couple nights. Thanks for any info you can provide.

The closest marinas are Fords Cove on Hornby, Deep bay, Comox and French creek. Deep bay and Fords cove don’t have any hotels close that I know of but the other two probably have a place to stay not too far away. I took the family to Powell river a couple weeks ago and it was great. The beach gardens hotel isn’t fancy but it’s on the water , has a marina, fuel, beer store and restaurant . Great fishing 10 mins away and a really nice park for the kids 5 mins away that you can anchor in front of if the weather allows. It’s an hour to Hornby or Desolation sound from the beach gardens. It’s a bit out of your way but a convenient spot if you have kids.

The closest marinas are Fords Cove on Hornby, Deep bay, Comox and French creek. Deep bay and Fords cove don’t have any hotels close that I know of but the other two probably have a place to stay not too far away. I took the family to Powell river a couple weeks ago and it was great. The beach gardens hotel isn’t fancy but it’s on the water , has a marina, fuel, beer store and restaurant . Great fishing 10 mins away and a really nice park for the kids 5 mins away that you can anchor in front of if the weather allows. It’s an hour to Hornby or Desolation sound from the beach gardens. It’s a bit out of your way but a convenient spot if you have kids.
Yeah Fords Cove are Deep Bay are definitely not what we're after. Been there, not fun with so much uncertainty. More like parking lots. I think we stayed at beach gardens when my buddies boat died last trip. Nice spot for sure. Looking for something like that but closer to Hornby. French Creek was another gong show and again not that close to Hornby. Maybe I'll give Comox a closer look.

Hornby Island Resort? Never stayed there but had a great meal waiting for the ferry there about 4 years ago. It appears to have a small dock.

Back