Where is the best spot for fishing off the land around Victoria (without a boat) ?

smokedvw

My father in law is always trying to fish when they come to to see us. I take him out on the boat around Morseby Island in Sidney but we are curious where he can go by himself from the land. I was thinking the breakwater would be ideal but checking if there is anything better? We are based out of Sidney.

Thank you

If your in Sidney you can walk out to Saanichton spit and cast a lure but you need a really good spinning reel casting rod to get it out there. Oh and fish are there now.. TBR nailed all the good spots to fish !!

@Fins -n- Skins are you referring to the Cordova Spit? Just between there and James Island?

I think he is going to go to the breakwater today. What is the best technic there for rock cod/ling etc. Would you want to go the the middle section and just throw down with some baited hook or jig and see what happens?

there is a ton of bait around the breakwater right now. You can see the salmon swirling around in the bait schools. Lings would be weight, hook with large herring, toss it out and let it sink to the bottom and wait. a small float below the weight and above the hook will keep it if the bottom say 2 or 3 feet. Make sure he knows that lingcod has to be 65cm or bigger to keep and 1 rock fish per day. Chinook should he get one is non retention until Aug 1st. Good luck.

Well its really for him... he can come and login and create his own accounts to ask. I was just trying to help out ;)

He caught a rockfish his first day, threw it back because he though it was small then got skunked yesterday. Well see how the rest of his week goes ;)

Back