What's for dinner tonight ?

Yellow Eye (Red Snapper) Time!

IYV11Fy.jpg

Fillets quick seared on the BarBee.
Spare Gooses from the Air Fryer.
Basmati topped with our own Garlic and Fresh Chanterelles!!

OzPCc3Y.jpg

Simply doesn't get much better!

Cheers

Are they pressure canned or just hot water? In oil? Not that I can get 20lbs of chanterells around here without selling my first born

They are steamed first (with garlic and lemon in the steamer sauce).
Then dumped into jars with 1 teaspoon each of Apple Cider Vinegar & Pink Himalayan Rock Salt & a single Garlic Clove (large).
Topped up with a little water, and into the pressure canner 40 minutes at 10 pounds.

Still nicely crisp and downright delirious!

Cheers

We just had some really basic Char siu and vegetables with steamed rice last night. But to spread the meal out we like to hard fry some eggs to go on top. Our whole family loves a really crispy undercarriage with a runny yolk. I enjoy doing them in a big pan, sunny side up, and adding a splash of water and a lid to just set the whites. High heat with plenty of oil. This was a really good batch. 20231018_174953.jpg

We do a reciprocal dinners with in-laws that live 40 mins away a couple times a year. Our time to host and it's nice when they appreciate local dining and wild game. Cheffed up some roasted garden beets, garden salad furnished with pears from the garden and a blue cheese balsamic dressing, along with rissoto and last week's chanterelle harvest, finished off with black tail back straps with the choice of blueberry marrow compound butter or chimichurri sauce. Washed down with a fine Merlot the guests brought over.

Attachments

• IMG_20231020_193551_01.jpg
    IMG_20231020_193551_01.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 40
We just had some really basic Char siu and vegetables with steamed rice last night. But to spread the meal out we like to hard fry some eggs to go on top. Our whole family loves a really crispy undercarriage with a runny yolk. I enjoy doing them in a big pan, sunny side up, and adding a splash of water and a lid to just set the whites. High heat with plenty of oil. This was a really good batch. View attachment 99076
Free range pan fried eggs, runny, over rice is an absolute home run. Just had it this week. Smoked paprika for flavour and some presentation.

Costco had a special on 3 lbs of mussels for $10, so we did a coconut curry on rice with a some chinook chunks in there for good measure.

Attachments

• 1EC14736-B77B-44BE-8526-131EC27DB414.jpeg
    1EC14736-B77B-44BE-8526-131EC27DB414.jpeg
    381.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 80DC29CF-3684-467F-8F98-F88CCF8022D8.jpeg
    80DC29CF-3684-467F-8F98-F88CCF8022D8.jpeg
    301.8 KB · Views: 18
View attachment 98915

Pan seared duck breast with a peppercorn pan sauce with some duck fat roasted potatoes and garden tomatoes. Pretty simple this time, but tasty.
Hope you saved the leftover duck fat, it keeps in the fridge for a couple of weeks or can freeze it in usable portions.

Duck fat FTW!

Back