What's for dinner tonight ?

Had a Thai feast last night for a friends birthday and dropped the ball on pictures.

Red Curry with Chicken & Veg
Prawn Pad Thai
Thai Crab Fried Rice
Chicken with Cashews
Spring Rolls

and for the Captain/Mechanic consultant who isn't crazy about Thai and has gotten us out of a mess or 10.... a Tomahawk with grilled corn and potatoes :)

Was fortunate to find the elusive early October blacktail buck. Made a nice chimichurri sauce to top the tenderloins served with a side of air fried brussel sprouts, salad and a nice Argentine Malbec as an ode to the chimichurri.

Attachments

• PXL_20231010_005438993.jpg
    PXL_20231010_005438993.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 31
  • PXL_20231010_005435251.jpg
    PXL_20231010_005435251.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 30
  • PXL_20231010_005432467.jpg
    PXL_20231010_005432467.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 31
Skipped the bird this year and cooked a ham I got from neighbours who raise their own kunekune’s. Mashed potatoes, Roasted beets, carrots, sweet potatoes all from the garden. And of course the mandatory stove top stuffing. Not our traditional thanksgiving dinner, but still delicious and a lot less prep

Skipped the bird this year and cooked a ham I got from neighbours who raise their own kunekune’s. Mashed potatoes, Roasted beets, carrots, sweet potatoes all from the garden. And of course the mandatory stove top stuffing. Not our traditional thanksgiving dinner, but still delicious and a lot less prep
Can you do a short write up on the sweet potatoes in the gardening thread, please? I'd like to try them if the season is long enough in the Okanagan.

qQ1YKNl.jpg

Can you do a short write up on the sweet potatoes in the gardening thread, please? I'd like to try them if the season is long enough in the Okanagan.
You’ll have no problem with the growing season and SP’s here in the OK.

Twas my Lady's Birthday yesterday & she requested one of our Favorites - Fondue!

Lamb, Chicken, Beef tenderloin, Pork tenderloin, Whitetail tenderloin and the usual veggie mix:

ttXRVYc.jpg

Coupled with an Uber Fine French Merlot, and of course chowed down under candlelight:

QGtSMzS.jpg

Heck of a fine way to Celebrate!

Cheers,
Nog

Back