What's for dinner tonight ?

Looks like you nailed it. Care to share the recipe?
There are several videos on you tube, i just went with one that looked easiest. They all pretty much have the same ingredients more or less. Many use an air fryer, i used the oven with a cooking rack/grate that lifts the meat up and the air gets it all around. Cut the pork butt length wise with the grain into 3 or 4 chunks then punch with a fork all over so the marinade can enter all throughout. Bag or vacuum seal and let sit overnight. When you roast it, flip it often and baste with the marinade and go from broil to bake back and forth. High heat like 415 degrees. Enjoy and tight lines

Shayne

Attachments

• char-siu-sauce-14-oz.jpg
    char-siu-sauce-14-oz.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 6
There are several videos on you tube, i just went with one that looked easiest. They all pretty much have the same ingredients more or less. Many use an air fryer, i used the oven with a cooking rack/grate that lifts the meat up and the air gets it all around. Cut the pork butt length wise with the grain into 3 or 4 chunks then punch with a fork all over so the marinade can enter all throughout. Bag or vacuum seal and let sit overnight. When you roast it, flip it often and baste with the marinade and go from broil to bake back and forth. High heat like 415 degrees. Enjoy and tight lines

Shayne
I really like the butt hack. Poor mans tenderloin when you cut it like that. We make this a couple times a month because it freezes so well in the marinade. Everyone loves the charred part best so I started doing it in more of a korean bbq kind of cut. I take a tenderloin and butterfly and tenderize it into a thinner sheet. Then I cut scores in both directions before marinating. I've marinated it as little as 30 minutes with this method and it ended penetrating enough. High heat on the charcoal and you get lots of nice crispy bits from the ridges. Bowl of steamed rice, some kind of steamed veg and a fried egg on top with a healthy scoop of garlic chili oil. Unbelievably easy and satisfying lunch or dinner.

Last edited:
Can you explain your dredging/cooking process? Thanks.

Classic flour , beaten egg , cornflake crumb . I season the egg with salt and pepper . I let mine sit on a wire rack for 20 - 30 mins to really adhere to the fish .

Fly in a cast iron with an inch of oil , and a hood pat of butter ( how my mother has always done schnitzel and it imparts great flavour )

Hit with salt fresh out of the fryer

Serve with home made tartar

Mayo
Dijon
Lemon
Scallions
Fine diced pickle
Fine diced shallot
Fresh dill
Salt and pepper

kkZ1HWj.jpg

Back