What's for dinner tonight ?

My take on pasta fagiola.
In one pot simmer mild beef and miso stock with split peas in yellow and green, barley, and orange lentils.
Crisp/render half a smoked hog jowl(diced), set aside, remove most of grease, then saute whatever veg.
I used shallots, garlic, carrots, celeriac w/greens, cabbage, red peppers, and fresh tomatoes.
Cook veg then pour in legume stock, re-add the jowl bacon, can of cannellini beans, and some leftover plain pasta. (Or you could cook pasta in the broth).
Garnish with lemon zest and parmesan.

Attachments

• IMG_20221104_175723908.jpg
    IMG_20221104_175723908.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20221104_181806035.jpg
    IMG_20221104_181806035.jpg
    359.3 KB · Views: 15
Looks intriguing. Sorry to my show my ignorance but what is it?
Musubi are a Japanese/Hawaiian thing. It's basically just sushi in hand form but most often made with Spam. There are full-on Musubi shops in Hawaii and they sell them in most convenience stores. They grow on you. But I also ate Spam as a breakfast meat as a kid too so they weren't odd to me.

Musubi are a Japanese/Hawaiian thing. It's basically just sushi in hand form but most often made with Spam. There are full-on Musubi shops in Hawaii and they sell them in most convenience stores. They grow on you. But I also ate Spam as a breakfast meat as a kid too so they weren't odd to me.
Never tried spam before but those look good I would definitely give it a try .

Back