What's for dinner tonight ?

Had some left over Dirty Mexican Rice with Beans from the other night, so...

Fine chopped a small onion, crumbled up a pound of whitetail burger and tossed those into the frying pan. Added a shot of Mesquite seasoning and browned.

Added in the Mexican Rice, and a new-to-me replacement for tomato sauce - left over chili! Got that all warmed up while I cored a couple large red peppers.

Then stuffed the lot into them, and popped them in the air fryer:

dDjneoF.jpg

Takes a little better than 10 minutes to cook them at 365 degrees, checking occasionally. At the 10 minute mark I capped them with shredded Asiago / Romano / Parmesan cheese and hit them up for a couple more minutes.

Served up with cheesy garlic toast and a fine red of course:

JIdb98C.jpg

iLhk2EF.jpg

The addition of the chili takes this meal to a whole 'nother level!
I strongly suggest giving it a try - I know I will be again!

Cheers,
Nog

I went shopping yesterday with a World Series dinner in mind and came home with a tub of oysters.(Thriftys has them on sale) The plan was to smoke/cook them in the Bradley for oyster burgers. But today we went out for a final October coho trip and got coho and Dungies! Now I’m trying to decide between smoked oyster burgers, grilled coho or fresh crab! The only thing I’m certain of is I’m cheering for the Phillies over the Cheatstros.
DBFB623B-BA05-4D90-90A3-827B33FFE7C6.jpeg855B2EC9-9407-49EC-A5FD-E00FE19E7027.jpeg905418AA-3470-481B-9179-CDFCE43008CF.jpeg

I went shopping yesterday with a World Series dinner in mind and came home with a tub of oysters.(Thriftys has them on sale) The plan was to smoke/cook them in the Bradley for oyster burgers. But today we went out for a final October coho trip and got coho and Dungies! Now I’m trying to decide between smoked oyster burgers, grilled coho or fresh crab! The only thing I’m certain of is I’m cheering for the Phillies over the Cheatstros.
View attachment 86511View attachment 86512View attachment 86513
Amazing!
But still happy the Yankees are out.

Back