What's for dinner tonight ?

Blacktail venison meat pie tonight. I don't think I've made pie pastry in 10 or 15 years (I used to make a lot of pies). I should have rolled the crust a little thinner and probably shouldn't have baked it quite so long. Flavors were on point though. View attachment 78140
It’s meat pie you’re supposed to know your eating something it’s not supposed to be light and delicate. Looks good man.

Blacktail venison meat pie tonight. I don't think I've made pie pastry in 10 or 15 years (I used to make a lot of pies). I should have rolled the crust a little thinner and probably shouldn't have baked it quite so long. Flavors were on point though. View attachment 78140
This looks terrific and gives me a great idea on how to use a bunch of last seasons’ venison burger. Thank you sir!

Stay Tuned...

HrOL8vJ.jpg

Collected that lot pictured above from a Buddy. He is licensed for the Yelloweye Snapper as by-catch when he is targeting on the lings.

Fresh Yelloweye is THE Best white fleshed fish there is IMO:

gIXoKx6.jpg

It's consistency & flavour is much like that of crabs. Delicious!

So, processed that lot and saved a side of the largest Yelloweye for the BarBee. Complimented that with Asiago & Cracked Pepper Rice, and Air Fried Avocados:

HU6r1Wq.jpg

Simply Divine!!
Pozitive.gif

Cheers,
Nog

Easter calls for ham. Smoked Bear Ham on the rotisserie that is:

d87Psnc.jpg

WzmL40d.jpg

Served up with Maple Candied Yams & Sweet Corn on the Cob:

dMvhK1C.jpg

Fine & Fitting Dinner for The Day!

di9hKfZ.jpg

Cheers,
Nog
That looks great Nog. I did a bear ham last year but I messed up the brine and it was pretty salty. I did a deer ham this year that was much better. I'll give the bear ham another go this year if I get another bear.

Used to do all our hams myself.
Then, one fall I was in a rush to get to Alberta, so took them to Pete's Mountain Meats here in Port.
Known him quite the spell.
He did such an incredible jib, and charged way less than I would have, I was seriously impressed.
o impressed I have not done another one myself since...

Still have the recipes though, so give me a shout when the time comes and you might want one...

Cheers,
Nog

Used to do all our hams myself.
Then, one fall I was in a rush to get to Alberta, so took them to Pete's Mountain Meats here in Port.
Known him quite the spell.
He did such an incredible jib, and charged way less than I would have, I was seriously impressed.
o impressed I have not done another one myself since...

Still have the recipes though, so give me a shout when the time comes and you might want one...

Cheers,
Nog
Thanks. When the time comes I'll reach out. I'll cut two hams and give Pete's a try as well. It's always nice to have something to compare my product to.

Back