What's for dinner tonight ?

A bit of a meat show today. Bone in prime rib roast and pork hock German pub style. Accompanied by my wife’s Polish potato salad, heavy on the garlic green bean salad, and a tomato & bocancinni salad. Finished off with port and homemade tiramisu. Merry Christmas everyone. Gonna have to cut back on the calories for a while or will have to get a new wardrobe.

Attachments

• ECFA5D99-2E3C-4953-BA3B-53F0C270E06D.jpeg
    ECFA5D99-2E3C-4953-BA3B-53F0C270E06D.jpeg
    270 KB · Views: 37
  • 4424A2D3-728B-4234-A0D0-EEBD9389CE4A.jpeg
    4424A2D3-728B-4234-A0D0-EEBD9389CE4A.jpeg
    270 KB · Views: 37
  • B367EC7F-D109-4ED6-A12A-FAFF3771CB18.jpeg
    B367EC7F-D109-4ED6-A12A-FAFF3771CB18.jpeg
    292 KB · Views: 38
A bit of a meat show today. Bone in prime rib roast and pork hock German pub style. Accompanied by my wife’s Polish potato salad, heavy on the garlic green bean salad, and a tomato & bocancinni salad. Finished off with port and homemade tiramisu. Merry Christmas everyone. Gonna have to cut back on the calories for a while or will have to get a new wardrobe.
Dig the Pork Hocks,, going to have to look those up and give them a try.

Christmas Dinner:

One fresh farm raised duck, stuffed & prepped for the hotbox:

MFWIodu.jpg

Three hours later (note: stock photo - forgot to take one at this point):

v2TPLuk.jpg

The skin was very crisp (delicious!) and the meat tender, moist and flavorful!

Side dish - a new-to-us recipe with Brussels, Butternut, Pecans, Cranberries & Spices:

aM1Ex2N.jpg

This turned out Awesome, and we will be doing again!

Plates loaded:

HDS33xs.jpg

AODxG2B.jpg

And a colorful meal worthy of the season served up:

1ncOX9i.jpg

Merry Christmas Folks!
The Nogs

Nog, could you tell us the ingredients in your vegetable medley?
whole dinner looks awesome as usual.
Best of the season

What are we looking at here Dradons, looks darn interesting, please explain.

It is a beef wellington. Followed this here https://www.gordonramsay.com/gr/recipes/beef-wellington/.

Basically a tenderloin wrapped in some ham and sauteed mushrooms then wrapped in pastry. Actually really easy to do after watching a couple youtube videos.

We then did some sous vide carrot and fennel and lightly carmelized in pan. And a cucumber dill salad to lighten it up.

My girlfriend and I were able to have our one single friend over to let into our bubble. All in all a nice meal to make with the closest ones around you.

It is a beef wellington. Followed this here https://www.gordonramsay.com/gr/recipes/beef-wellington/.

Basically a tenderloin wrapped in some ham and sauteed mushrooms then wrapped in pastry. Actually really easy to do after watching a couple youtube videos.

We then did some sous vide carrot and fennel and lightly carmelized in pan. And a cucumber dill salad to lighten it up.

My girlfriend and I were able to have our one single friend over to let into our bubble. All in all a nice meal to make with the closest ones around you.
Thanks. Going to have to give that a go.

Great minds think alike!

Whitetail, Lamb & Pork Tenderloins as well as a chunck of free range buzzard Fondue:

KkdFiX8.jpg

Great meal to end an otherwise horrid year...

Cheers,
Nog
Nice setup!
We did halibut, prawns, chicken, sirloin, cheddar, mozzarella, jalapeño jack, onions, mushrooms, cauliflower, potatoes and pickles. The boys are getting older now, 19, 18 and 16......... but still looks forward to this every year!

How do you like your air fryer? We just got one and haven't had a chance to use it yet

We have had one for a couple months now and really like it. Have done Salmon, Pork, and Beef so far as well as various veggies and like that it is easy to use, the meat is juicy and cooks quickly. Only downside is it is not convenient for cooking for more than 2 or 3 people at a time.

Back