What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

Winterized engines, cleaned everything out of the boat, scrubbed out with hot water and Lysol cleaner and winter cover put on

Attachments

• 7CE3893D-0379-45DD-8028-9AEEDE1BA37C.jpeg
    7CE3893D-0379-45DD-8028-9AEEDE1BA37C.jpeg
    274.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 574ECFB6-3F28-402F-AE80-4EA0B2AF8765.jpeg
    574ECFB6-3F28-402F-AE80-4EA0B2AF8765.jpeg
    537.6 KB · Views: 58
Nice day in the shop with the wood stove fired up and a list of service tasks to complete. Every other year I do a 300-hour service on main and kicker. I only put a little over half those hours on, but I believe in extra maintenance as insurance.

That policy paid off when I went to change the impeller on the main. Totally fried; how was this thing still pumping? Obviously the motor was run without water in the pump, but I can't think how or when this would have happened.

View attachment 86717

I had a water pump repair kit on hand so I did the full replacement. Nothing else untoward found.
I change my impellers every season - if you fish offshore in big water there will be moments when vessel cavitation can result in the sort of damage you found.

Headed out this afternoon to check the boat.
I have the sand trap and exhaust manifolds drained..
My jet boat is easy to drain everything if I use it for winter fishing which I don’t do too much.
Its also stored inside, mouse traps are a winter necessity. Dam rodents can be bad some years.
My daughter has a habit of leaving a granola bar or two on the dash..Rodents like them! Sheesh..
I leave no type of food in the boat in winter.
Too much ice in the Fraser over winter..…

I find it sad that Stizzla started this thread and now he doesn't have his boat. Best wishes Stiz hope everything falls into place for you and your family
Most important thing is I have my family and health. I promise I will be back with a boat before you know it. Ready to try something bigger so I can use it for family exploring as well as fishing

Most important thing is I have my family and health. I promise I will be back with a boat before you know it. Ready to try something bigger so I can use it for family exploring as well as fishing

If ya get bored and looking for something to do im sure i can find something, You're more than welcome to come up to Nanaimo and putter on mine anytime ;)
Then we take her out early in spring

Well I'm on the other side of the pond bur Unexpected is on that side alot I'll be texting ya if ya wanna come out and lose a few cannonballs with me,hell I might even steal some KD just to make it interesting....lmao!!!

If you are itching for an outing, we can do a family shuttle to Sidney spit, drop the prawn and or crab traps and hunt for winters for those who want too. Glad you have some breathing room and the house is showing.

And if you are looking for things to do on a boat I’m sure all of us can use a hand!

I took it to the station and gaver 300litres. I also fixed the rattling kicker tie bar and put on a new female fuel connector. This merc 15 pro efi kicker does not like starting in the cold.

Back