What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

Took mine in to Sherwood this morning to get the trim motor on Yami 9.9 replaced ... again.
2018 motor that I got late 2018. Replaced the trim motor last year under warranty.
This time it was beyond warranty but Sherwood took it upon themselves to contact Yamaha and got it covered N/C.
Thanks Sherwood!
So I figured I would get a service on it while it was there.
Nice of them, and yami! If you have to do it again EBay has some knock off yami trim motors that saved my $500.

Well no euro transom, diesel rebuilding, fibreglass and mahogany project here!!! Just an installation of a third downrigger on the boat and enjoyment of some sunshine today!!
Everything went well I thought. The worst part was removing the sprayed in foam filling from between the splashwell coaming and cockpit facia.
There was not a huge amount of material underneath where the downrigger plate was fixed so I added a couple of aluminium angle plates as backing for now. I will fab up something better out of stainless plate when I have more time.
The rigger boom extends nicely past the main and with blowback on the downrigger line it should keep well out of the way when trolling.
I see nothing good coming from thus setup HA

Took mine in to Sherwood this morning to get the trim motor on Yami 9.9 replaced ... again.
2018 motor that I got late 2018. Replaced the trim motor last year under warranty.
This time it was beyond warranty but Sherwood took it upon themselves to contact Yamaha and got it covered N/C.
Thanks Sherwood!
That’s how a real first class dealer operates

Dead battery? Hard spot in the starter motor if you can get someone with a multimeter to see battery voltage ideally 12.5v no
Lower and also can you gain access to the main engine starter motors easily? if they click while trying to crank you could have a weak battery or corroded connection or you can use a hammer to lightly tap on the starter as it may be piling up while someone cranks it, or if it’s not easily accessible try “fishing” something to gain access to the starter and hitting that while someone cranks.

Thanks Sherwood!
very strange a trim motor every year, these are generally a pretty hardy part

very strange a trim motor every year, these are generally a pretty hardy part
They said it was full of water. So must have been defective. Hopefully good for good now. Great having power trim on kicker when it works. Sucks when it doesn’t.

Dead battery? Hard spot in the starter motor if you can get someone with a multimeter to see battery voltage ideally 12.5v no
Lower and also can you gain access to the main engine starter motors easily? if they click while trying to crank you could have a weak battery or corroded connection or you can use a hammer to lightly tap on the starter as it may be piling up while someone cranks it, or if it’s not easily accessible try “fishing” something to gain access to the starter and hitting that while someone cranks.
I don't think it's battery. No click at all.

Back