What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

Got out this morning. She's a 23' Cope design. Twin Merc 115. Economy and speed turned out better than I had hoped for. Cruise speed is around 30mph at 10gph. Top speed 47mph. Planes on one engine. Autopilot only, on deck, no rear helm.

I can't decide what to for non skid on the deck.
My boats got a commercial grade nonskid coating on it and a clearcoat on top. My builder scuffed the deck first then applied it with a trowel then put a clearcoat on top. It looks pretty durable from what Ive seen so far. Youre welcome to come take a look if you like.

Sweet! Congratulations! That was listed by the factory just this week, wasn't it? If it's the one I think I saw the price looked like a great deal.
I didn’t purchase it through them, got it off some guy in Richmond it was a literal barn find that has been taken such good care of. It’s a 1979 hull that has been around the world in its day. Alaska, Bahamas, New Orleans and a solo trip down the Mississippi River. There is some stuff written about this very boat on the monaro website.

I didn’t purchase it through them, got it off some guy in Richmond it was a literal barn find that has been taken such good care of. It’s a 1979 hull that has been around the world in its day. Alaska, Bahamas, New Orleans and a solo trip down the Mississippi River. There is some stuff written about this very boat on the monaro website.

Awesome score, I remember reading about that boat. We have friends who have had 3 monaros factory built and the second boat was the genesis of the 255. They decided to go twin outboards and had that boat built. He literally won't shut up about how amazing it is haha!

Got out this morning. She's a 23' Cope design. Twin Merc 115. Economy and speed turned out better than I had hoped for. Cruise speed is around 30mph at 10gph. Top speed 47mph. Planes on one engine. Autopilot only, on deck, no rear helm.

I can't decide what to for non skid on the deck.
What about ultra deck? I've had a couple of buddies get them installed and they like the product. Beautiful ride by the way.

Looks pretty quiet at the Dryland sort......first in? I had the boat in at Pacific Gateway for the Easter week. It was quiet but not that quiet! lol
Yep very quiet, few guys showing up. When I left on Sunday 2 boat tied up that’s it. Hand full setting up camp

Man.....being far away from my boat and in a Covid year I'm super jealous seeing all the projects and buying people are doing. I did get out for the Easter week and used the boat for crabbing that was slow and some bottom fishing with my son that was pretty good. We spent the week mostly moving into our new place. One of the big things for me was having room to park the boat when I did want to do things to it and not back and forth to the marina. The boat fits with room to spare front and back so I'm happy. Nice to unload and clean up without making a bunch of trips. Sorry about the Ford photo bomb....it's my dad's and I used it to launch the boat so I guess I can't complain too much! lol I have a few upgrades that I have planned for the summer or before if the travel restrictions loosen up. And yes it is essential....o_O

Attachments

• Driveway2.jpg
    Driveway2.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Back