weighing a boat

sly_karma

Crew Member
I'd be interested to know what my boat-engine-trailer package weighs. Can I just roll up my rig to the local highways scale and ask to be weighed? Waht other options are there?

You could try a local gravel yard. Some might let you on the scale for free, or charge you a small fee. I think you would have to disconnect and weigh just you and the vehicle. This would give you your best weight accuracy.

Yes you can. Don't forget to add the weight on the tongue as well. Usually it's about 10% of the total. The highway scales in Victoria are self serve so there is no one to ask. Not sure if there are other options. Maybe at the local landfill?

I have weighed vehicles on the highway scale near Elk lake in Victoria a few times as well. It's free.

I weight mine on the commercial truck scales on the Island all the time. Only when they are closed. Scales still work though.

commercial scales are in kg I believe... just an fyi...

Glenmore landfill. I asked on my way to drop off some stuff and they said no problem. I never did go back though.

Thanks all. Highway scale it is. The one nearest me (hwy 97 at Kaleden) seems to be rarely open anyway.

Back