Damn surge brakes

Solenoid should stop brakes from engaging, I back up a very steep hill and no issues ever. Check your ground and power to solenoid.
My backing up consists of stopping pointing down hill the reversing 150-200’ up hill
When I first looked into this I read somewhere that there are two types of solenoids you could have. One releases pressure back to the master cylinder when it gets power from the backup lights. The other just disables the solenoid but doesn't release any pressure that is already in the lines - for example from parking on an incline with the trailer uphill. I think they are called blocking and bypass? I don't have issues backing up on flat ground, so I think it is doing what it's supposed to. I'll check the wiring again for good measure though.

When I first looked into this I read somewhere that there are two types of solenoids you could have. One releases pressure back to the master cylinder when it gets power from the backup lights. The other just disables the solenoid but doesn't release any pressure that is already in the lines - for example from parking on an incline with the trailer uphill. I think they are called blocking and bypass? I don't have issues backing up on flat ground, so I think it is doing what it's supposed to. I'll check the wiring again for good measure though.
That makes sense. Mine was the bypass style

i had a flat bar that would fit in the actuator. put a wheel chock in place and drive the span all the way open. slide in the flat bar. all ready for backups.

Back