Victoria Reports - Spring and Summer 2012

This time of year the big springs travel close to shore as they migrate back to their natal rivers. They are caught alll along the coast line, including just about every spot along the waterfront, just not caught as often as us anlgers wish!Two over 30 were caught yesterday inside Pedder Bay, for example.

Fished breakwater from 1030 till 1. Looked liked it was going to be hot fishing with lots of bait being sounded. Saw a thunder jet catch a couple and one fella said he had three hits in a half hour around 1230. I had to bounce for a dr appt so couldn't stay to see the action. Was my first time spending any kind of time at the breakwater so I will give it some more time and hopefully will hook up soon. Been working the jughead teaser head with anchovy and hootchies for weeks now without any success including a trip to Bamfield. Maybe back to the tried and true.

JL

We got a 30.5 on fri boomer 5 min after you left to go to the bank, long leader's!!!!!!!!
It was just one of those days I did come back and lost two more before saying there will be better days thanks for the report nice to hear you got a nice one I did get a 17 lb hally out there ,good fishing boomer

took a couple of turns around Brodie Rock. Not much happening.
Ling cod population looks healthy but that was about it

Fished breakwater from 1030 till 1. Looked liked it was going to be hot fishing with lots of bait being sounded. Saw a thunder jet catch a couple and one fella said he had three hits in a half hour around 1230. I had to bounce for a dr appt so couldn't stay to see the action. Was my first time spending any kind of time at the breakwater so I will give it some more time and hopefully will hook up soon. Been working the jughead teaser head with anchovy and hootchies for weeks now without any success including a trip to Bamfield. Maybe back to the tried and true.

JL
That was me in the black thunder jet, it was nice to go out front and catch some nice fish first time fishing close to the breakwater will be trying that again lol, 50 feet cop car flasher and glow white hootchy was the only line that caught fish, thankfully it was my side of the boat lol 2 other decent fish lost at a distance

took a couple of turns around Brodie Rock. Not much happening.
Ling cod population looks healthy but that was about it

I was there for half an hour with a buddy..found lots of fish on the sounder but no luck. Hoping for a halibut or spring. I assume there are good amount of bottomfish around.

I am pretty sure some locals can find a halibut at this area to take home for dinner.

fished Constance from 2pm till 6pm today. Got 1 white spring an hour before current change. Got her on a tiger prawn hootchie 20ft off the bottem. Quiet day besides the one fish, but damn fine weather, great day on the water.

Cheers
Rich

Out for halibut yesterday and no luck for us, but after we dropped the riggers for salmon and tagged a nice 15.3 in less than an hour. Got another small one we released and then called it. Took 3 net attempts by my green horn buddy. I was just laughing at him the whole time. Fun times. Great water too. Glassy!

Out for halibut yesterday and no luck for us, but after we dropped the riggers for salmon and tagged a nice 15.3 in less than an hour. Got another small one we released and then called it. Took 3 net attempts by my green horn buddy. I was just laughing at him the whole time. Fun times. Great water too. Glassy!

Nice. Constance?

Anyone know how much I should ask for my Panther Steering system I took off my kicker? It came with thet boat when I bought it but ended up taking it off when I installed a rear steering station on my boat. Best I can tell they are around $500 new. I just have no clue how much to sell it for.

Also...does anyone ever run a center line behind the boat near the surface? Guy was tell my he just threw a hoochie out the back with a small weight on it around six feet up the line and he was catching fish with it.

Anyone know how much I should ask for my Panther Steering system I took off my kicker? It came with thet boat when I bought it but ended up taking it off when I installed a rear steering station on my boat. Best I can tell they are around $500 new. I just have no clue how much to sell it for.

Also...does anyone ever run a center line behind the boat near the surface? Guy was tell my he just threw a hoochie out the back with a small weight on it around six feet up the line and he was catching fish with it.

That can work when the Coho are around. I sometimes drag a bucktail fly off my flyrod right on the surface just at the back of the bubbles and can sometimes get a hit. It doesn't happen often but when it does, it sure is a blast. As for the panther I could give you $100.00 for it.

Back