Victoria reports Fall/Winter 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have got to be effing kidding me. This is just getting stupid.... So pi$$ed can't even type. I'm sorry but the property owner has to held responsible for situations like this intentional or not. If an example were made in terms of fines, I have a hunch people would start checking things like this! Whats wrong with a pressure test prior to fill up? In fact what is wrong with having Mr. oil company having to test the lines prior to gassin' these tanks up? Seems easy enough to me!

Everytime there is a bit of progress it's one step forward, three back.

definetlly disappointing, article says home owner will be responsible for costs, what about restoration? the crews that moniter it all weekend, equipment, disposal. i think a mandatory inspection on these tanks should be required as the under ground line probably rotted out. this is also not a rare occurence, you just dont hear about them

Saw 15 boats off the breakwater/brochey ledge to Clover Point as I flew out of Victoria. What a day to be out. Anybody have any luck??

well fished whirl bay church rock area for 4hrs today. had 1 good hit that i lost after two minutes the rest were all shakers. thinking about waterfront on thrusday or friday. anyone else have any luck. thanks newfie boy

The spill is bad news but the creek and the fish will likely recover.

To me, the greater issue is the run-off from the parking lots at Tillicum Mall which pukes directly into the Colquitz. I'd hazard a guess that as much or more oil drips from all the cars that park there each year than originated from this spill.

Back to the reports (sorry).

Escaped work for a few ours this morning. Fished OB flats, around Trial and did a few laps near the flagpole. Bait on the flats and at the flagpole, but nowhere else. Fished 80 to 160ft deep. Had one hard pulling salmon on a green/glow squirt/green& silver flasher near Brodie Rock, but my partner lost it. Tried chovies, squirts, a few spoons and a plug. There were about 6 boats off Clover Point/Flagpole area when we left, but only saw a net out once. Lots of junk in the tideline around 140-160 to keep it interesting. No engine/equipment malfunctions, and no lost tackle like the last couple of times out. Spent a few hours getting a tan. Beauty day on the water!

Pretty quiet on the waterfront today, a couple of small springs released.
Very little bait on the sounder , and crabbing is the $hits :(
There's quite a few seals around as well , and while we didn't have a problem
there was some other boats that did.

0 for two back to back days on the waterfront for us too scott . Hope its not the new boat. Might have to take little chelsea out to break the bad karma.There were more fish caught at fleming on friday than i saw there today. Maybe sunday will see a new batch move in. Good luck everyone.

Was very slow yesterday for us at Constance. A few small lings, no springs. Only saw 2 other fish caught all morning long. Crabbing was good though!

Was also slow off the waterfront. 2 very small springs released.
From the 10 or 12 boats fishing i only saw a net out once.
Lack off bait seems to be the problem.

Anyone else see that big aluminum at Conny today kicking the snot out of them. Saw atleast 8 decent sized fish landed.

Yes the Frost bite derby was on this morning.. (Derby line from Albert head to Trial isl.) biggest was a 13 lber. Second place was a 12 lber. I think it was.. then a few in around 10-8 lbers.. ect..
Lots of smaller fish around by most....

Hit Conny yesterday and only hit small fish. Had one good pin popper and a big hali which is swimming around with my spoon in its yap. Saw the big alummi, but he was down farther. Talk to the creel guy and he said 1 in 3 boats had fish in the derby. One guy was so gassed he ended up in the water at the ramp. Was it the Frost bite or boozers derby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back